2020 Cancelled - 2021 SRR set for June 4-6, 2021

Information about the Square Route Rally, June 5-7, 2020 at Camp West-Mar. This is where we discuss plans and volunteer to help out.

Always the first weekend, including Friday, in June. Not the same week as Memorial Day.

2020 Cancelled - 2021 SRR set for June 4-6, 2021

Postby bdimon » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:02 am

46th Annual Square Route Rally
June 4th-6th, 2021

This forum is for planning NEXT year's rally. Mark your 2021 calendars and plan to be there.

The 46th Annual Square Route Rally is skipping the pandemic year and will return in 2021 to the YMCA Camp West Mar in central Maryland's Catoctin Mountains. It's an ideal rally site, boasting 5 bunkhouse cabins each with 12 bunk-beds, acres of camping on comfortable grass fields or under a mature tree canopy, a large dining hall, a large, open pavilion loaded with picnic tables that serves as Beer Haus & Seminar Central, a game room (pool table, video games, DVDs, music system), and of course a large bathroom & shower house.
Your registration includes Dinner Friday and Saturday nights as well as light fare Saturday and Sunday morning. Bunkhouse beds are a modest extra fee. An optional tour of the Antietam battlefield by a licensed guide is extra. The roads are perfect for summer riding as they wind along streams and through forested hills. You have a choice of wide sweepers through Pennsylvania's Michaux State Forest, tight two-lane along the C&O Canal, or GS trails for your Beemer to explore. But if you stumble upon the gate into Camp David, make a quick U-Turn. Civil War buffs have a multitude of choices including Gettysburg, Sharpsburg (Antietam), South Mountain, the C&O Canal and Harper's Ferry. For those interested in Arts & Shopping both Gettysburg and Shepherdstown boast many galleries, shops and sidewalk cafes in restored downtown.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Re: 2020 Cancelled - 2021 SRR set for June 4-6, 2021

Postby bdimon » Sat May 02, 2020 7:34 pm

Here is the reply from Camp West-Mar
Gentlemen,

THanks for reaching out. You are probably correct on the likelihood of phase 3 happening in itime for your event. I find myself being stubborn in this regard by holding on to hope for as long as possible before giving up. You are welcome to submit the paperwork for June 2021. There may be a small price increase due some improvements made prior to the pandemic and our lease payments also increase. However, you will be glad to know that ALL of our cabins now have HVAC! We are sad that we can't make your event happen this year and I sincerely hope that we will be able to host groups sooner than later! Not having our off season rentals is making things a little tight around here but I guess that's the new way it goes.

Anyways, I hope this email finds you all safe and well and I hope to see you out here next year!

Nathan
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Return to 2020 Square Route Rally