JVB Tech Day June 27, 2020 (New date due to COVID)

Got a Tech Question? Know something about BMWs?

Moderator: JimVonBaden

Re: JVB Tech Day April 25, 2020

Postby mlytle » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:59 pm

with the VA stay at home order in place until 10 JUNE...should be safe to assume this event will be canceled or pushed until fall? situation is not going to get better in near future......
Marshall
92 K75s
94 K75s
09 K1300s
mlytle
Frequent Poster

Postby JimVonBaden » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:36 pm

I'm looking at a June date now. No cancelling for me.

Jim :cool:
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby JimVonBaden » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:36 pm

I'm looking at a June date now. No cancelling for me.

JimVonBaden

Postby Max » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:57 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:
Max wrote:If COVID 19 does not get me till then, I will be there. I went with Gordon last time so I do not know the address because I just followed. Please PM the address if you have time, I do not want to miss it.

Assuming this is over by then, I will send the address about 2 weeks before the tech day. If you plan on shipping parts or tires, PM me and I will give you the address now.

Thanks,

I really hope so, if not we ll just come in masks and gloves and hold our 6 feet distance. I just need to reset my service interval and I am good to go. No big parts this year, just a little tinkering with front tire pressure sensor.

Thank you
Max
Max

Postby mlytle » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:21 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:I'm looking at a June date now. No cancelling for me.

that would be a better bet. if held before 10JUN it will be in violation of the executive order.
Marshall
92 K75s
94 K75s
09 K1300s
mlytle
Frequent Poster

Postby JimVonBaden » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:23 pm

mlytle wrote:

that would be a better bet. if held before 10JUN it will be in violation of the executive order.

Not to get all political, but Northam is an ass with zero clue WTF he is doing, just trying to out caution other governors. Must rational governors are going in two week increments. His unfounded timeframe serves only to frighten people and destry hope in coming out normal. Too many lost jobs because of his idiocy! On top of that, his order is borderline illegal.
JimVonBaden

Postby RocketMan » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:10 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:
mlytle wrote:

Not to get all political, but Northam is an ass with zero clue WTF he is doing, just trying to out caution other governors. Must rational governors are going in two week increments. His unfounded timeframe serves only to frighten people and destry hope in coming out normal. Too many lost jobs because of his idiocy! On top of that, his order is borderline illegal.

Step away from the keyboard, throw on your moto clothes and going riding!
Things will look a whole better!! You have my personal guarantee!
RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby mlytle » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:34 pm

Marshall
92 K75s
94 K75s
09 K1300s
mlytle
Frequent Poster

Postby RocketMan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:03 pm

mlytle wrote:kickstands down for the duration...

https://youtu.be/FvLNzElW4A0

https://youtu.be/Z1ycd011AIs

I can't help but note that in both video's he states quite clearly that he is referring to areas with high infection rates where you either risk further straining the local health care systems (should you be involved in an accident requiring medical attention) and/or putting yourself at increased risk of contracting the coronavirus. While that may well be the case in his area (greater New York) from what I can see according to the Virginia Hospital COVID-19 Dashboard ( https://www.vhha.com/communications/vir ... dashboard/ ) we are not yet at that point (at least in Virginia) so I would have to question the relevance of his posts for us in the VA area or for those who limit their riding to Northern VA.
RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby jcabiles » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:53 pm

RocketMan wrote:I can't help but note that in both video's he states quite clearly that he is referring to areas with high infection rates where you either risk further straining the local health care systems (should you be involved in an accident requiring medical attention) and/or putting yourself at increased risk of contracting the coronavirus. While that may well be the case in his area (greater New York) from what I can see according to the Virginia Hospital COVID-19 Dashboard ( https://www.vhha.com/communications/vir ... dashboard/ ) we are not yet at that point (at least in Virginia) so I would have to question the relevance of his posts for us in the VA area or for those who limit their riding to Northern VA.
RM

Here is an interesting observation. On Tuesday I was at the INOVA ER (Gallows Road) with a family member. I have been to this ER on numerous occasions and it is crowded almost 100% of the time with the waiting room full. When I was there yesterday it was very surrealistic because the ER was virtually empty except for the staff in full COVID-19 Combat Gear. I did see a few other people (non staff) but all the beds and rooms were empty.
2017 R1200 GS
jcabiles
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm

I agree with Jeff and Jose. It is actually less dangerous today than it was two months ago. If, on the other hand, this situation has you freaked out, by all means, stay home.

For me, I'll be sensible and take appropriate precautions.

JimVonBaden

Re: JVB Tech Day June 27, 2020 (New date due to COVID)

Postby JimVonBaden » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:35 am

New date, June 27th. Sorry if this coincides with the MOA Rally, but I didn't want it only a week after the Virginia Stay at Home ruling runs out.
JimVonBaden

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Tech Day Prep:

Installed lift casters on my Kenda motorcycle lift to use in my workshop. The workshop is to small to load a bike in, so I need to load the bike in the garage and roll it into the workshop. The Kenda is small and sleek, but wont roll with a bike on it. So, I purchased an 800 pound set of lift casters made for work benches and welded them onto the Kenda. Works great. My welds are getting a little better. Here you will see them raw, no grinding at all, no paint. That comes tomorrow.
JimVonBaden

Postby bdimon » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Looking forward to this tech day. I have an oil change due. I would like to attempt to debug a wiring problem. My Idle Actuator often goes out. A new one made no difference so I assume it's a wiring problem. Is that appropriate for a Tech Day?
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:34 pm

bdimon wrote:Looking forward to this tech day. I have an oil change due. I would like to attempt to debug a wiring problem. My Idle Actuator often goes out. A new one made no difference so I assume it's a wiring problem. Is that appropriate for a Tech Day?

Fingers crossed VA allows at least 50 people to congregate, or we may need to cancel.
JimVonBaden

PreviousNext

Return to Tech