First Gear Kilimanjaro

Products including farkle, clothing, helmets, heck even motorcycles that have been purchased and reviewed by bmwbmw.org members.

Re: First Gear Kilimanjaro

Postby BMWGirl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:28 am

Hello Kitty wrote:
BMWGirl wrote:that's awesome!! I'm ordering a purple one!!

So, what you're saying is that purple is an unpopular color? :lol: :lol:

:lol: yeah funny! :evil:

Noooo I'm saying purple is UNIQUE color. I like being different! Only the COOOOOL people are unique. Although, I agree with Chase, we should make this jacket, the "Official Riding Jacket of BMWBMW!" :lol: =D> :lol:
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby Inthpkt » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Amazing review. 450 views and a shitload of responses. Who knew?
Inthpkt

Postby Blaster229 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 pm

IAMBOB wrote:
Hello Kitty wrote:Got rained on pretty seriously Friday on my way to NH and again today on my way back. The jacket is stil great. I thought it was leaking, but realized that I left the underarm vents open! Not much water came in though. This was SERIOUS rain. NJ turnpike crawling at 30 mph, everyone with flashers on. The pants still do pretty well, but I don't think anything will be totally waterproof (except a plastic bag) when you're sitting in water. My toes got wet, I think I need to treat my boots.

What kind of helmet in the rain, and was it waterproof?

The N103 doesn't seal very well, and holds up ok until you hit the heavy downpour stuff.. water on the inside of the visor is NOT fun..

Thanks for any input..

(Helmet without kitty stickers preferred)

This question should be asked under the helmet review thread. ( Too smart job applicants would know this :) )
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Previous

Return to Reviews