Winter Gloves: Moto GP Pylon

Products including farkle, clothing, helmets, heck even motorcycles that have been purchased and reviewed by bmwbmw.org members.

Winter Gloves: Moto GP Pylon

Postby fluidj » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:29 pm

I purchased these last fall. Great gloves and New Enough has a few left on clearance for $24
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/barg ... loves.html
They have worn very well for the first winter season. This should be my 2nd season using them and we'll see how much more they break in.
Personally I think they are an ideal winter glove. They are thick enough to provide a reasonable amount of insulation, but not so thick as to be cumbersome. Ideal gloves if you have heated grips.
Might not be enough insulation for you if you don't.

Ask me questions :)
*currently motorcycleless*
fluidj
Board Wizard

Re: Winter Gloves: Moto GP Pylon

Postby BMWGirl » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:36 pm

can we special order them in purple?? I heard purple gloves are warmer. :TheTina:

How cold do you ride with those gloves before going heated??
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby RJP3579 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:45 pm

They seem like a warmer weather glove with the perfed top but if you went last winter they sound like a good glove for heated grips as you say.
Newenough seem to have only XL and XXL left.
This is the kind of glove I have been looking for but not in XL. I have a pair of tourmaster heavy winter gloves. Nice but a bit bulky. I also like the mini face shield wiper on the thumb of mine.
:D
Rick :rider:
'09 R1200GS - Namibia Orange
RJP3579
Are you not entertained?

Postby fluidj » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Probably not purple :lol: But I imagine if you are handy with stitching you could get creative with some purple thread

Please.....My heating grips come on when the temp is lower than 55 :oops:
I don't own any heated gear, so these are it for the whole winter. Luckily the RT provides a little more wind protection though.
I've become a cold weather wuss this season though, I haven't been on the bike since last Wednesday... WAAAAAY too cold for me
fluidj
Board Wizard

Postby fluidj » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:49 pm

RJP3579 wrote:They seem like a warmer weather glove with the perfed top but if you went last winter they sound like a good glove for heated grips as you say.
Newenough seem to have only XL and XXL left.
This is the kind of glove I have been looking for but not in XL. I have a pair of tourmaster heavy winter gloves. Nice but a bit bulky. I also like the mini face shield wiper on the thumb of mine.
:D

The perfs are virtually non-functional. Not sure if it's the ergos of the RT or what, but I've never felt wind through even my summer perf'd gloves.
fluidj
Board Wizard

Postby RJP3579 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:52 pm

fluidj wrote:Probably not purple :lol: But I imagine if you are handy with stitching you could get creative with some purple thread

Please.....My heating grips come on when the temp is lower than 55 :oops:
I don't own any heated gear, so these are it for the whole winter. Luckily the RT provides a little more wind protection though.
I've become a cold weather wuss this season though, I haven't been on the bike since last Wednesday... WAAAAAY too cold for me

Same here as far as the RT. No heated gear, just good coat and pants. I have been very happy with the wind protection on the RT with keeping the cold off. I have ridden to work the past two days. It was a bit cold this morning.
Sorry, going off topic. I'll stop now.. :lol:
Rick :rider:
'09 R1200GS - Namibia Orange
RJP3579
Are you not entertained?

Postby Blaster229 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:02 pm

How far are you riding while wearing these gloves?
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Postby fluidj » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Blaster229 wrote:How far are you riding while wearing these gloves?

I KNOW i replied to this last week! Where in the world did it go??? :shock:
Typically only commuting. 30 minutes or so to work. Sometimes an hour long trip to Baltimore.
fluidj
Board Wizard

Return to Reviews