First Gear Killi Jacket

Products including farkle, clothing, helmets, heck even motorcycles that have been purchased and reviewed by bmwbmw.org members.

First Gear Killi Jacket

Postby Amy4900_Deleteme » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:51 pm

I bought the First Gear Killi jacket--women's--and I absolutely love it. Fantastic jacket with good design and safety features. I recently purchased the Mesh-Tex women's pants to go with and am impressed with the quality as well. I bought both online.

I am looking for suggestions for a good pair of all around gloves--anyone have any ideas?
Amy4900_Deleteme

Postby Hello Kitty » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:39 pm

First gear has a new mens jacket, think it was called Katahdin, that looks GREAT, but alas, no womens. They do have in womens a line called TPG that looks SWEET! First Gear, as a company, is my absolute favorite. They truly support riders. I believe that aerostich does as well. I am not saying that others don't, just not to my knowledge.

My first textile jacket was a Kili that I wore for a lot of years and loved. Tim's wife wears it now! My most favorite jacket of all time is FG - my leather that my ashes will be kept in after I die :lol:

As for gloves, there is no such thing as all around gloves. That is if you meant all season. I have tons of gloves and just bought two more pairs at Battleys yesterday (review forthcoming after I've had a chance to wear 'em a little). I would suggest you go with women's though unless you've got big mitts!

I think you need a good pair of summer gloves, good pair of winter gloves and then some in between ones. I don't know if your mittens are as small as mine. Actually, they aren't thin, just really little - men's small is way too big. Women's small or sometimes medium does me right - when you can find them. Which can be a challenge. Battley had a decent selection and Drew was very helpful! The folks at Bob's are usually helpful as well. Busy Saturday afternoons wouldn't be the best time if you want to spend a lot of time looking and asking questions.

Then there's heated gloves....

Go to the picnic next weekend and ask some of the ladies here to bring a variety of their gloves for you to look at. Sorry I won't be here to share mine with you.

Good luck!
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby ERC Scott » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 am

Held offers some gloves in smaller, female sizes. My wife picked up a pair from Bob's last year. Be forewarned, Held pricing is very "German". Scott
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby Amy4900_Deleteme » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Thanks Scott & Kitty--Kitty I will be at the Finger Lakes Rally this weekend and will definitely ask around there...
Yes Scott--that German "pricing" is steep--not bad if the products match in quality and durability
Amy4900_Deleteme

Re:

Postby IAMBOB » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:06 pm

Amy4900_Deleteme wrote:Thanks Scott & Kitty--Kitty I will be at the Finger Lakes Rally this weekend and will definitely ask around there...
Yes Scott--that German "pricing" is steep--not bad if the products match in quality and durability

Amy lasted all of 7 posts? What did I miss?
2009 R1200RT (Da Wasp)
2002 R1150RS SILVIA (sold)
2006 John Deere 2305
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Re: First Gear Killi Jacket

Postby Hello Kitty » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:45 pm

You creeped her out. Quite simple really :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby repo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:37 am

would it help if I pm'd her....?? :twisted: :lol:
repo

Postby Hello Kitty » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:12 am

yeah, wait, why does she have "deleteme" after new name now. That wasn't there before, was it???
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby repo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:22 am

select profile....

"The requested user does not exist."

bye Amy.....
repo

Postby landofjeremy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:30 am

Something happened with her account when the board had a siezure one day a few weeks back and I had to recreate her entire account. She's on the board as Amy4900 now and all seven her old posts are still in tact, just under the old name, which I had intended to delete. But since she's got this thread here, I'll probably just leave it and let it continue to creep you all out.
JЄrЄϻλ
650GS BLACK

Support freeform radio!
landofjeremy
GO GIANTS!

Return to Reviews