PRODUCT REVIEW - ReV'it Jade boots

Products including farkle, clothing, helmets, heck even motorcycles that have been purchased and reviewed by bmwbmw.org members.

PRODUCT REVIEW - ReV'it Jade boots

Postby Firebird » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:14 pm

I just brought the ReV'it Jade boots from Bob's BMW. They are made to fit the female foot. I must say that I am impressed with them and will be consigning my Oxtar boots to the back of the closet. :D I am so digging these boots. :D

I have a narrow foot and it feels like these boots were made just for me. There is strong ankle support and the zipper is velcro so that it's out of the way when you zip up and wrap the closure closed, which is also velcro. The top of the foot portion is low profiled so you feel the shift lever better and the sole is flat with minimal heel. I also have no arches, so the arch support in these boots feel great. I haven't walked extensively in these boots yet, but I will test that factor out on the range next week.

edit.... I tested out the longevity of walking in these boots for a long period and find that I can walk for up to 8 hours in these boots before I start to feel the hard surface of the tarmac.

The Jade boots also look SEXY! :wink:

If you are a MSF instructor, ReV'it has a great discount for you. These boots retail for $209 w/ tax, but I paid $178 w/ tax. The discount also goes towards riding gear also. Just provide a copy of of your MSF card.

Now with pictures......
:D
Image Image Image
Last edited by Firebird on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:25 am, edited 7 times in total.
Firebird

Re: PRODUCT REVIEW - ReV'it Jade boots

Postby DriveShaft » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Firebird wrote:I have a narrow foot and it feels like these boots were made just for me. There is strong ankle support and the zipper is velcro so that it's out of the way when you zip up and wrap the closure closed, which is also velcro. The top of the foot portion is low profiled so you feel the shift lever better and the sole is flat with minimal heel. I also have no arches, so the arch support in these boots feel great.
How're your calves? :) Typical female legs have calf muscles that insert about 3-4" lower on their leg than men's legs. Alot of times what you find is that women feel tight around the calf area when wearing ski boots and motorcycle boots, bcs they're...well...fatter there than men are (it's also why women are more prone to cankles than men). Do you feel any improvement in the calf area? The reason I'm asking is bcs my gf's always had this issue, bcs not only does she have the classic female lower leg shape, but she's short as well.
DriveShaft

Postby RJP3579 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:03 pm

Could be a nice write-up for the BTS along with your pic..
Rick :rider:
RJP3579
Are you not entertained?

Re: PRODUCT REVIEW - ReV'it Jade boots

Postby Firebird » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:10 pm

DriveShaft wrote:
Firebird wrote:I have a narrow foot and it feels like these boots were made just for me. There is strong ankle support and the zipper is velcro so that it's out of the way when you zip up and wrap the closure closed, which is also velcro. The top of the foot portion is low profiled so you feel the shift lever better and the sole is flat with minimal heel. I also have no arches, so the arch support in these boots feel great.
How're your calves? :) Typical female legs have calf muscles that insert about 3-4" lower on their leg than men's legs. Alot of times what you find is that women feel tight around the calf area when wearing ski boots and motorcycle boots, bcs they're...well...fatter there than men are (it's also why women are more prone to cankles than men). Do you feel any improvement in the calf area? The reason I'm asking is bcs my gf's always had this issue, bcs not only does she have the classic female lower leg shape, but she's short as well.

My calves are fine. My legs are skinny so that whenever I where boots, the gap is wide, but with these boots, I don't have to worry about it.
Firebird

Postby Firebird » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:11 pm

RJP3579 wrote:Could be a nice write-up for the BTS along with your pic..

I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Firebird

Postby Blaster229 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:02 am

Good luck the first time it rains, I don't mean drizzle, but rain. Unless rev it has made some drastic changes, they WILL leak. Their boots I have had for 3 years now leaked almost from day 1. Bobs wouldn't replace them, but would *send them back* to rev it for replacement or whatever from them. These were my only pair so I wasn't about to buy a pair to use waiting for a replacement. I have put up with wet feet now for years.
I have 2 pair of rev it *waterproof* glove, yeah riiiiight. I only buy their gloves because they do fit me and their boots have as well.
Your boots will be fine as long as you ride on dry days :) I think I am going with BMW all around boots when bobs gets my size in.
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Postby ERC Scott » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:51 am

My experience with Rev'It boots has been good. I've had their Ergo boot for 2-3 years. They're a little hot and thus sweat-inducing, but my previous BMW Goretex boots were too. I've never ridden more than 3 hours in continuous rain, still my feet were relatively dry in the Ergos - hard to tell whether the slight sock dampness was from seepage or sweat. There are some riders posting on the ST site that advocate non-goretex boots as being considerably more comfortable, especially for folks with sweaty feet. I guess they carry some totes overboots in the side case for the inevitable.

I've got some other Rev'It gear. The solar gloves deteriorated in a couple thousand miles - got $ back with no questions asked. And the durability of some of the fabrics on their jackets has been less than exceptional (nylon fuzzies, cracking syn leather). I'd buy the boots again, but the jackets....maybe better to look at the BMW gear.
Scott
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby Hello Kitty » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:02 am

I'm not a fan of RevIt either. Only from their gloves, but they fell apart. Quickly. I did get a replacement pair, but it took a long time and they were the wrong size and I was just done with them at that point. I do still wear those gloves occassionally cause I do like 'em, but the are not even close to being waterproof or even resistant for that matter despite being advertised to be so.

I have been happy with Olympia and First Gear jackets and pants. My Oxtar boots have served me well (my waterproof Sidi's leaked on day 1)

For gloves, my all time favorite pair was HD of all things. They did fall apart, but after many years of great service (and they were a good price too - maybe $50?) I have a pair of BMW gloves now that were less expensive than I thought they'd be, maybe $80? Winter gloves, warm and decent on the water protection. I bought a pair of the "lobster claw" type dealios from Tommy (Held) at the SRR. Looking forward to giving them a try. Well, not really looking forward to, but you know what I mean! Unlike the rest of you freaks, I don't care for riding in the rain. I will and do and probably have more than many, but I don't choose to!
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby BMWGirl » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:12 am

I have the BMW All Around boots and LOVE them!!! Sometimes I walk the puppy in the rain with them :lol: I also have the BMW Airflow I that they discontinued which upsets me - those are AWESOME boots and much better than the II's but they are NOT waterproof. I have the Held rain gloves that I bought at the SRR - those are WONDERFUL!! Love 'em. And I have the Olympia Mesh pants with liner that I wear year round (just take the liner out for the summer but they are great winter pants!) and the Marsee jacket is great especially since it has the removable OUTSIDE rain liner!!

Good luck with your boots Dawn - I hope they hold up for you!
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby echo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:16 am

And now for something completely different, my motorcycle boots for 25 years now:

echo

Postby Blaster229 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 am

Riding 100 miles a year, I can see where cheap boots could last that long. Amazing how the shifter has not even scuffed the left toe.
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Postby DriveShaft » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:01 am

I think my gf's going to like how adjustable that cuff looks. It looks like it's a little shorter than the bmw all-round, and typical oxtar boot. Is that just the perspective fooling me?

The pix were useful, thx :)
DriveShaft

Postby Firebird » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:38 am

DriveShaft wrote:I think my gf's going to like how adjustable that cuff looks. It looks like it's a little shorter than the bmw all-round, and typical oxtar boot. Is that just the perspective fooling me?

You're welcome. I'm glad the pictures helped :) It might be a little shorter then the BMW All-Round, I don't know, but it's the same height as the Oxtar.
Firebird

Postby Firebird » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:52 am

Thanks Tina. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kitty called us freaks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do you have only one pair of riding boots Blaster? You must not ride much. :wink: I now have two pairs of boots and two pairs of summer BMW riding sneakers. Gotta have options.

As for the boot leaking, my Oxtars will do that when riding in torrential downpours for more then an hour. The ReV'it boots are made of the same material as my Oxtars so I'm going to assume that they will act the same way if I ride in downpours for hours. Been there, done that. I really should get some rain covers for my boots and sneakers. I also have to get more waterproofing spray. I sprayed my current BMW Sneakers II and it helped a little, but it really doesn't help when you step in a deep puddle of standing water. :dunce: :lol:
Firebird

Postby BMWGirl » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:03 am

DriveShaft wrote:I think my gf's going to like how adjustable that cuff looks. It looks like it's a little shorter than the bmw all-round, and typical oxtar boot. Is that just the perspective fooling me?

Joe if you don't get a good waterproof boot, she's not going to be happy! :lol: Plus the BMW all arounds are good in cold weather too. Just my .02!! :lol:
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Next

Return to Reviews