Barbecue Theme Ride, MrEnloe?

Our favorite roads and rides in the mid-Atlantic area - if you find a hidden gem please post!

Barbecue Theme Ride, MrEnloe?

Postby Unity » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:56 pm

Image

Info here.

:D

--John 8)
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
User avatar
Unity
Shaman
 
Posts: 7170
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Reston VA

Postby DJ Etch » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:06 pm

Does it say anywhere (breift search didn't find anything) how long that's suppose to take you? A day, a meal, a weekend?
DJ Etch
 

Postby Unity » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:20 pm

DJ Etch wrote:Does it say anywhere (breift search didn't find anything) how long that's suppose to take you? A day, a meal, a weekend?

How much barbecue can you eat in how short a time? :D

It's more of a historic tourism idea than an endurance event, but who knows? maybe it'll become an Iron Gutt ride! :shock:

--John 8)
(BTW, we and our Alaska friends have an auto tour planned for March, call it Notable Barbecue Joints of the American Southeast. :wink: )
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
User avatar
Unity
Shaman
 
Posts: 7170
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Reston VA

Postby Maria V » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:32 pm

oooh oooh I wanna go.
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
User avatar
Maria V
Attack Ninja
 
Posts: 5881
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:43 pm
Location: NW Territories of MD

Postby wiredcur » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Unity wrote:...
How much barbecue can you eat in how short a time? :D


Then, after Murphy, ride the Tail of the Dragon. Last person to lose their barbecue wins.
Image
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
User avatar
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid
 
Posts: 3790
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: N39.211501° ± 1.50° W76.818135° ± 1.50°

Postby repo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:43 pm

HondaBunny would be all over this ride!
repo
 

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:49 pm

I'd be in for this! Sample a little at each place along the way, and suffar all the way home! :lol:

OR, do it in reverse the next day! :wink: :lol:

Jim 8)
User avatar
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator
 
Posts: 17669
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:48 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby Maria V » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:42 pm

eeew. Boys are icky.
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
User avatar
Maria V
Attack Ninja
 
Posts: 5881
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:43 pm
Location: NW Territories of MD

Postby repo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:46 pm

Maria V wrote:eeew. Boys are icky.


and sticky after this ride!
repo
 

Postby wiredcur » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:53 pm

Maria V wrote:eeew. Boys are icky.


WHA?!?!? O:)
Image
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
User avatar
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid
 
Posts: 3790
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: N39.211501° ± 1.50° W76.818135° ± 1.50°

Postby MrE » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:33 pm

in. defrosted a bag for dinner
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
User avatar
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe
 
Posts: 5937
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 1:36 pm
Location: Western Loudoun

Postby Blaster229 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Maria V wrote:eeew. Boys are icky.


That's why I am not into them :)
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr
 
Posts: 7695
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:32 pm
Location: Balmer.

Postby repo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:30 pm

Blaster229 wrote:
Maria V wrote:eeew. Boys are icky.


That's why I am not into them :)



That we know of!

xo
repo
 

Postby BchrisL » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:41 pm

Unity wrote:
It's more of a historic tourism idea than an endurance event, but who knows? maybe it'll become an Iron Gutt ride! :shock:

--John 8)
(BTW, we and our Alaska friends have an auto tour planned for March, call it Notable Barbecue Joints of the American Southeast. :wink: )


Numbers 11:4

The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, "If only we had meat to eat!
BchrisL
 

Postby Unity » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:08 pm

BchrisL wrote:
Unity wrote:It's more of a historic tourism idea than an endurance event, but who knows? maybe it'll become an Iron Gutt ride! :shock:

--John 8)
(BTW, we and our Alaska friends have an auto tour planned for March, call it Notable Barbecue Joints of the American Southeast. :wink: )

Numbers 11:4

The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, "If only we had meat to eat!

For those who have joined us recently, the report is here.

--John 8)
(It's a continual, ongoing report. :wink: )
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
User avatar
Unity
Shaman
 
Posts: 7170
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Reston VA

Next

Return to Our Favorite Roads (VA, MD, WV, PA, DC)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron