Sunday November 25 Virginia Breakfast

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Re: Sunday November 25 Virginia Breakfast

Postby sati8d » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:07 pm

wow that was a fun breakfast! I really enjoyed seeing everybody. Three of us went south toward Fredericksburg via Rte 1 (that sucked) but then turned east on Courthouse Rd which turns onto Dahlgren Rd along the Potomac - a freshly tarmacked road (last spring) with great rolling hills and excellent twisties...comes out just south of the 301 bridge in...you guessed it...Dahlgren, stopped at the Wawa for fuel and pump up my front tire (doing twisties with a front tire at 10lbs is challenging!). Crossed the bridge into MD, down 234 toward Patuxtent NAS and Solomons; Tim and Mike peeled of at 232 I think the road was - to head back to DC and I went on to granma's house....and home. Nice day of biking! Thanks guys!
Smooth throttle and spirited twisties!

Tony
'09 R1200 GS Adv
...and the piggy's still saying: "whhhhiiiiiiii"
sati8d
Babies GS

Postby Motorhead » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 pm

It was really nice seeing everyone!
I went solo NW on small roads towards Leesburg, and suddenly saw Shane on his shiny cat at Middleburg when I was getting on one of my favorite roads (Foxcroft Rd), and followed him up to Point of Rocks where we split about 1.5 hrs later. I know that Shane knows a lot of good road around here, and it paid off to follow him!

Luckily I don't have a garage - otherwise I would have probably ended up with George's rig:
Attachments
Group.jpg
Rig.jpg
Not owning a BMW at the moment, but I do wear the BMWBMW decal proudly on my "other" bike :-)
Motorhead
Frequent Poster

Postby MikeVA76 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 am

Hey everybody,

Thanks for having me out yesterday, I had a great time. Look forward to making it out as often as I can. So George noted as I was leaving that my rear tire looked a little low. I didn't think much of it. Laughed and joked with him, "Ahh...I'm a tech, I hate working on my own stuff." Did think it was a little weird as I like to give the bike a look over in the shop every two weeks or so and know the pressure is checked regularly. Had about 4 pounds left in it when I went to leave for my commute this morning. Apparently I picked up a nail at some point. Quick repair and it's good for now, but thinking it's about time for tires anyway. Glad I didn't try to go out for a ride after breakfast yesterday as my lazy butt still hasn't transferred all my tools over to the new bike for "on the road events", lol. Looks like some pilot road 3's are on the menu soon.

Mike
MikeVA76

Previous

Return to RideToEat - RTE