Sunday 2/26 Breakfast at the Chuckwagon

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Sunday 2/26 Breakfast at the Chuckwagon

Postby BMWGirl » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:56 pm

This Sunday is the VA Breakfast ride! :mrgreen:

Who is going to meet me? I may just stay outside and hug all the bikes! I miss ROCKET! :(

If anyone wants to come by and pick me up, I'll promise not to scream, if you promise not to wreck! :lol:

Although, not sure I can get on with a cast on my foot so I may drive.
:?
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Re: Sunday 2/26 Breakfast at the Chuckwagon

Postby R4R&R » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm

BMWGirl wrote:Although, not sure I can get on with a cast on my foot so I may drive. :?

What happened!?
'17 Triumph Explorer 1200
'04 R1150R (gone but not forgotten)
('13 Triumph Speed Triple - sons bike)
Itchin' for a ride
R4R&R
GO COWBOYS!

Postby Janitor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 pm

R4R&R wrote:
BMWGirl wrote:Although, not sure I can get on with a cast on my foot so I may drive. :?

What happened!?

She tried to kick the crap out of me, but I have buns of steel. #-o

You go, Tina!
2021 CB500X
Janitor
Undercover Logger

Postby timtimtim2000 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:42 pm

I intend to attend.

I have one scheduling contingency which may force me to miss, but I'd like to get out and ride.
rides rat bikes
timtimtim2000
Board Guru

Postby jskene » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:54 pm

I'll probably be there.
jskene
Board Guru

Postby Georgeinva » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 pm

BMWGirl wrote:not sure I can get on with a cast on my foot so I may drive. :?

If you had a GS you could bungee cord your leg to the bike. :lol:
Gridlock Motors
7155 Opal rd
Warrenton VA. 20186
(571) 318 2472
http://www.beemersuberalles.com
http://www.gridlockmotors.com/

"It needs to be about 20% cooler "
Georgeinva
Board Guru

Postby RocketMan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 am

I'll be there hopefully. Trying to get my new rear shocks installed today on the airhead if I have time. Work has been interfering with play-time ( I guess that's what happens when you work from home, no excuses allowed for not being able to login! :lol: ), Not Good!

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby Hello Kitty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:54 am

After actually seeing Tina's cast, you BETTER not get on a motorcycle!
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby RocketMan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:22 pm

well, we had a pretty good turn out and by the time we got out it was almost to hot to ride any more!

The new shocks made a big difference on the airhead, most of the front end wobble is gone and when I got home I started on replacing the front forks except... the top nuts refuse to move! I banged on the tool for a good bit with no luck! I guess Lap put them on with the intension they should stay on, for the rest of the useful life of the bike! So unless these top nuts are reverse threaded ( in which case they are on even tighter than before! ) I will have to wait for the 36 mm socket and 1/2 breaker bar to arrive as I couldn't find a 36 socket at any of the local stores. *sigh* I just hope the one I ordered does not have a very deep taper on the front of the inside since the fork caps are not very deep. We shall see.....

OH, and I whipped past a good lookin lady in a red Jeep turning onto Minnieville road from 234 on the way home.

(I can just here it now,,, "That was no Lady, that was Queenie!" :lol: )

RM

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby redman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 pm

rm,
your welcome to use my 36mm socket
your also welcome to use my impact if you need it
redman
Board Guru

Postby BMWGirl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:56 am

RocketMan wrote:OH, and I whipped past a good lookin lady in a red Jeep turning onto Minnieville road from 234 on the way home.

(I can just here it now,,, "That was no Lady, that was Queenie!" :lol: )

RM

I saw you coming up behind me, I KNEW that was YOU! :lol: I just kept thinking, Oh how I remember how fun it is to ride with you. You little speed demon. :wink:

That's right, lets not forget the QUEENIE part!!!
:queenie:
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby RocketMan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm

redman wrote:rm,
your welcome to use my 36mm socket
your also welcome to use my impact if you need it

Tanks, got a 36 mm on order and a 25 inch breaker bar, I may have to see about getting Qaun's armature shop to grid it down though, they should have the equipment I imagine. I may try my manual impact driver before using the breaker bar and just hope the threads aren't frozen to the inside of the tubes, otherwise well...

Now if you're talkin and air impact tool that might do the trick, been soaking the cap threads in a liberal spray of WD40 every time I'm the garage cursing Lap. ( A friendly, albeit sincere curse, you understand ) :lol:

worst case I guess is cutting the upper triple tree pulling the lower slider off and getting the steering stem out by sliding it down the upper tubes at which point I might as well replace the whole front end with something that has better twin disks. But that's not an expense I planned on right now.

RM

RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby redman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:29 pm

RM, Yep air impact, big comperssor and big gun. Man WD40 does not penetrate it actually attracts water, who knew? Try a product called PB Blaster, you may not use anything else. If it still wont turn try heat. My garage has all that crap if need it. For the PB Blaser most any of the auto parts stores have it or talk to that little chickie in the red jeep! :wink:
redman
Board Guru

Postby RocketMan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:45 pm

redman wrote:RM, Yep air impact, big comperssor and big gun. Man WD40 does not penetrate it actually attracts water, who knew? Try a product called PB Blaster, you may not use anything else. If it still wont turn try heat. My garage has all that crap if need it. For the PB Blaser most any of the auto parts stores have it or talk to that little chickie in the red jeep! :wink:

Actually it repells water, that is what the WD (Water Displacement) stands for, while the 40 refers to how many tries it took to get it right. But actually I was using a penetrating spray lube, I was just using WD40 as a generic reference, like Kleenex is used to refer to any tissue. So I did get the 1/2 inch drive and 25 inch breaker bar and still no luck. I pulled until it was actually spinning the bike on the center stand! Gonna try my hand impact tool and if that doesn't work will have to reinstall the bars and fairing and perhaps take you up on that offer. Its only been 4-5 years since I did this with Lap before and we only used the cheepie tool in the kit, go figure....heat won't work cause of the painted surface of the headlight ears and I would not be able to heat the tubes under them enough, and I certainly don't want to heat the cap nuts. if I could just dip them in ice water..... :lol:

RM

RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby jskene » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:44 pm

This happened to me on an old bike, where the cap nuts needed to be replaced. I cut a notch in the cap nut with a dremel drill, then undid the nut using a cold chisel and hammer.
jskene
Board Guru

Next

Return to RideToEat - RTE