8th Annual JVB Tech Day 4/20/2019

Got a Tech Question? Know something about BMWs?

Moderator: JimVonBaden

Re: 8th Annual JVB Tech Day 4/20/2019

Postby thanatos1224 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:33 pm

jskene wrote:Many thanks to Jim, to your wife and to the many other volunteers and door prize contributors who made this very successful tech day possible. It's a one-of-a-kind event for the club that keeps growing. This was the biggest attendance I have seen, with riders coming in from at least 3 other states outside the normal range of BMWBMW.

Absolutely, thanks to all the contributors that helped to make this a wonderful day. Jim and family truly put on a grand day. I am always amazed by the sheer amount of knowledge Jim shares so freely with everyone. I truly appreciate all the folks that gave the doors prizes too! Thank you, sincerely. (I have to agree with Bruce, someone needs to help Jim with reading the numbers next year. :-) ). I am always amazed at the number of folks willing to share and help others at this type of events. I look forward to next year when I will hopefully be able to glean another one of Jim's tricks. Oh and to my tire changing buddies... Thanks for sharing all the tricks and pieces on the knowledge that you learned from your years of turning a wrench.
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 pm

jskene wrote:Many thanks to Jim, to your wife and to the many other volunteers and door prize contributors who made this very successful tech day possible. It's a one-of-a-kind event for the club that keeps growing. This was the biggest attendance I have seen, with riders coming in from at least 3 other states outside the normal range of BMWBMW.

NH, SC, NC, OH, TN, PA, MD, and VA. Great turnout, with 70 bikes and 80 attendees.

If it keeps growing I will need a bigger garage and driveway! :D

Jim :cool:
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby JimVonBaden » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:30 pm

thanatos1224 wrote:

Absolutely, thanks to all the contributors that helped to make this a wonderful day. Jim and family truly put on a grand day. I am always amazed by the sheer amount of knowledge Jim shares so freely with everyone. I truly appreciate all the folks that gave the doors prizes too! Thank you, sincerely. (I have to agree with Bruce, someone needs to help Jim with reading the numbers next year. :-) ). I am always amazed at the number of folks willing to share and help others at this type of events. I look forward to next year when I will hopefully be able to glean another one of Jim's tricks. Oh and to my tire changing buddies... Thanks for sharing all the tricks and pieces on the knowledge that you learned from your years of turning a wrench.

Dave, thanks to you and the tire change crew who changed at least 15 tires, from the tubed to the tubeless, not one failure!

It really is impressive how many people jump in and help others. My wife commented on how nice and respectful the riders were, and my brother in law and good friend Umberto, pluss grandad pitched in with cooking and awesome food!

Jim :brow:
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby RocketMan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:34 am

Had a good time as always and much appreciate to the tire change. I did manage to strip the threads on one of the bolts holding oil filter cover but made it home fine with only a little oil loss, just enough to coat the entire right side of the bike with oil! Turns out the bolt not only holds the oil filter cover on but also is one of the ones that holds the entire right engine cover on as well. But I did manage to find that by using g a longer bolt I still had 2/8 on an inch more thread in the hole so all is good for now. Will have to pull the right engine off to repair the buggered threat properly but that can wait.
Did meet another SR owner but forgot get contact info so you read this ping me and let's go for a ride sometime.
RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby Max » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 pm

Can not believe that I missed this one. Last year it was a blast. I was to busy and did not check the dates. So sad.
Max

Postby thanatos1224 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:50 am

Well when you come next year, make sure to bring a good attitude as some of the opportunities require a unique way of looking at things. A big smile and an open hand for all the new friends you will surely meet. And possibly an extra pair of pants for all the belly laughs you will surely experience.
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Previous

Return to Tech