Proposed Virginia House Bill 1872 (No Helmet)

Discussions regarding Government Affairs issues. Moderated by the GA officer

Proposed Virginia House Bill 1872 (No Helmet)

Postby thanatos1224 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:36 pm

I got an email from a firm that represents me in some legal matters, for those that do not know McGrath, Danielson, Sorrell & Fuller is "The Motorcycle Law Group". Mr. McGrath is truly looking after us that ride in Virginia. It is my understanding he was on the team credited with getting us HOV approval in Virginia. And I believe with helping with the ability to stack insurance policies in Virginia. (Two things I have enjoyed or benefited from in relations to medical issues.)

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Motorcycle Helmet Bill Introduced
January 6, 2019
I have already received several emails concerning the introduction of House Bill 1872, which would allow motorcycle riders in Virginia who are above the age of twenty to ride without a motorcycle helmet so long as they are registered organ donors. You can view the bill at the following link:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp60 ... ful+HB1872

Some are under the impression that this bill was introduced at the request of the Virginia Coalition of Motorcyclists (VCOM). The purpose of this email is to correct this misconception. VCOM did not request the introduction of HB 1872. This bill was introduced by Delegates Michael Webert and Patrick Hope at the request of ABATE (A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments) of Virginia.

While I welcome any and all questions or comments concerning legislation affecting Virginia motorcyclists, many of the questions I am receiving would be better addressed by those who drafted and introduced the legislation. Delegate Webert can be reached at DelMWebert@house.virginia.gov, and Delegate Hope at DelPHope@house.virginia.gov. You may reach Stan Bryant, the Executive Director of Abate of Virginia at ssdbryant@netzero.net.

Matt Danielson
McGrath, Danielson, Sorrell & Fuller
The Motorcycle Law Group
1-800-321-8968
Motorcyclelawgroup.com
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Re: Proposed Virginia House Bill 1872 (No Helmet)

Postby BMWGirl » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 am

Yes, McGrath has been a great supporter of our club and Matt Danielson is an awesome attorney!! Matt sends out emails fairly often with the legislative updates and is very knowledgeable. For a while the firm would offer a free review of your insurance policy to be sure that you had the correct coverage needed. Matt and Jim have done some pretty wild rides over the years as well, so when they say they are a law firm that rides, they mean it! Liz is a great womens advocate too and supports all riders, she's a wiz with the insurance policies!

I'm happy to see Matt continuing the fight for us, but we also have to watch who is submitting what bills. I was not thrilled with this new helmet law and happy to see that it wasn't the Virginia Coalition of Motorcyclists group (the one Matt works) so I'm glad he clarified with this email.

Ride on and ride safely, and vote!
:D
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Return to Government Affairs