Frederick Restaurants?

Forum to post good places to eat

Frederick Restaurants?

Postby jcabiles » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:49 pm

Meeting a friend in Frederick this Sunday.

Any recommendations for places to eat? PM me. Thanks.
2017 R1200 GS
jcabiles
Board Guru

Re: Frederick Restaurants?

Postby JimVonBaden » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:35 am

Down the main street in old town there are dozens of cool restaurants. We ate at a Tapas place called Isabellas http://isabellas-tavern.com/

Ignore the reviews. The food was fresh and tasty, and not too expensive. Great service. Try to sit by the front window!

Jim :cool:
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby ERC Scott » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:09 am

I've lived in Frederick for 30+ yrs, and seen the food scene expand to include most cuisines - there's easily 100 food joints downtown. http://www.visitfrederick.org/members/category/57

I'd agree with Jim that your best bet is to stroll Market St and Patrick St. and Carroll Creek Way to check out your possibilities. Isabella's is wonderful, but you likely need a table reservation on the weekend although bar seating is an option, too. Upscale (very) you have Brian Voltaggio's Volt. Wag's has great burgers and greater fries. Nola's has a hipster vibe and unconventional sandwiches/breakfasts. My particular favorite is The Tasting Room - it's formal but comfortable.
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby drewalex » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:08 pm

ERC Scott wrote:I've lived in Frederick for 30+ yrs, and seen the food scene expand to include most cuisines - there's easily 100 food joints downtown. http://www.visitfrederick.org/members/category/57

I'd agree with Jim that your best bet is to stroll Market St and Patrick St. and Carroll Creek Way to check out your possibilities. Isabella's is wonderful, but you likely need a table reservation on the weekend although bar seating is an option, too. Upscale (very) you have Brian Voltaggio's Volt. Wag's has great burgers and greater fries. Nola's has a hipster vibe and unconventional sandwiches/breakfasts. My particular favorite is The Tasting Room - it's formal but comfortable.

A third very positive review of Isabella's, I have been going there for years, perhaps decades and have never been disappointed with their food, service and atmosphere. Café Nola is definitely a hipster hang out, which is why my Moto Guzzi is parked in front most Sunday mornings! Family Meal, Voltaggio's other restaurant is less hip, less expensive and serves an awesome pastrami sandwich!
Go for a ride!- Paul Mihalka
drewalex
Mr. Bobblehead

Postby jskene » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:41 pm

My wife and I recently had excellent tacos at Reina on Market St. I highly recommend the place.
jskene
Board Guru

Return to Road Food