Not enough moto parking in DC

Discussions regarding Government Affairs issues. Moderated by the GA officer

Not enough moto parking in DC

Postby ela » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Wondering if anyone has info on who to contact to try and get more parking spaces for motorcycles at Indiana Ave and 6th St. NW. I work near here and over the last 2 years have found a huge increase in bikes here. Which I am happy about however now I can no longer find a spot because they are all full. Which only leaves street parking which is more the double the cost and much less reliably safe for the bike. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Eric
ela

Re: Not enough moto parking in DC

Postby bdimon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Well DDOT, District Department of Transportation, would be your first stop. I doubt they would have the person able to make the decision but they would know which politician that would be. That ward's councilman might be the person to make it happen. Of course he would have to think that it would benefits his constituents and not just Virginia and Maryland commuters.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby tatort » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:43 pm

last time I worked near there (840 E NW, 2012-2014) many bikes would park on D St, along the north edge of whatever square hosts the Navy memorial. not necessarily legal, but I saw very few tickets issued.
tatort
Frequent Poster

Postby ela » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I used and loved that spot atop the Navy memorial . Tis no more , ticket every time now.
ela

Postby ela » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks Bruce. Also smart to figure the angle to try and make them look better. It is DC after all....
ela

Return to Government Affairs