SouthWest Moto tires

Products including farkle, clothing, helmets, heck even motorcycles that have been purchased and reviewed by bmwbmw.org members.

SouthWest Moto tires

Postby kjackson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 am

It happened again! Ordered tires arrived the next day.

I ordered two tires on Monday 7th at 10:56am and they arrived on my front porch on Tuesday 8th at 2:00pm ish. How can you not love that kind of service, and they do it time and time again. I've never had an order take more than two business days to arrive. Prices are competitive and free shipping with two or more tires ordered.

Kermit
Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut. - Winston Churchill

There are people dying every day that have never lived. - me

It'll become painfully obvious when the gun owners become "unreasonable".
kjackson
The PURDY One

Re: SouthWest Moto tires

Postby Maria V » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:30 am

I have always been happy with SW Moto. Great service all the time.
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Postby ERC Scott » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 am

I have heard -- but suspect the validity -- that the discount tire warehouses are able to sell at such low prices because their stock is not "fresh". Kermit, can you check the tire manufacturing dates to see if it is over 12 months? I ordered a Mich Road Pilot 3 in the spring from RevZilla - it was back-ordered a week, and took 2 weeks to be filled, but the tire was only a couple months old. :D I'm starting to think that the "stale-stock discounters" may be an old bikers tale. Appreciate hearing input. Scott
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby kjackson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 am

ERC Scott wrote:I have heard -- but suspect the validity -- that the discount tire warehouses are able to sell at such low prices because their stock is not "fresh". Kermit, can you check the tire manufacturing dates to see if it is over 12 months? I ordered a Mich Road Pilot 3 in the spring from RevZilla - it was back-ordered a week, and took 2 weeks to be filled, but the tire was only a couple months old. :D I'm starting to think that the "stale-stock discounters" may be an old bikers tale. Appreciate hearing input. Scott

I have heard this knock against discount tire warehouses from time to time. I didn't check these tires I received yesterday, but have in the past and have always received recent vintage tires. I'll check this evening and post my findings.

As typical for most web-based merchants I believe the lack of a physical presence (though I believe SW Moto has a walk in retail store in Arizona) and the ability to drop ship direct from the wholesaler makes the savings model possible. I would guess the ability to drop ship, thus no warehousing is SW Moto's cost savings gig. My tires were shipped from New Jersey.

Kermit
Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut. - Winston Churchill

There are people dying every day that have never lived. - me

It'll become painfully obvious when the gun owners become "unreasonable".
kjackson
The PURDY One

Postby R4R&R » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:39 am

kjackson wrote:It happened again! Ordered tires arrived the next day.

I guess it's me then. While I haven't had issues with SWmoto in the past, I never got them that quick either. I found a place in Raleigh, NC that gets them to me within two days (fresh tires too), and their prices end up within a couple dollars of SWmoto when ordering two. The place in Raleigh is cheaper if I only need one.

This reminds me that I need to order a new front.
'17 Triumph Explorer 1200
'04 R1150R (gone but not forgotten)
('13 Triumph Speed Triple - sons bike)
Itchin' for a ride
R4R&R
GO COWBOYS!

Return to Reviews