Scala Rider G4 motorcycle headset by Cardo Systems

Products including farkle, clothing, helmets, heck even motorcycles that have been purchased and reviewed by bmwbmw.org members.

Re: Scala Rider G4 motorcycle headset by Cardo Systems

Postby Hodge Podge » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Ah, the wonders of GPS routing "logic!" Happy riding!
Hodge Podge

Postby After12yrs » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:37 am

JimVonBaden wrote:Software development is expensive, and only about 10% of people have a Mac. Of those 10% most run a PC type emulator, so I can see why they do not. Many compnaies feel the same way.

Jim :brow

Yeah, I know all about software development. Talking with Garmin, it was the emails and such from Mac users the pushed them to provide and update their software for use my us Mac owners. The Intel chip and Unix OS shell is an easily crossed over in general. I know I can get Fusion and have my PC shell, but one of the reasons I went to Mac in 07 was to get away from the MS OS and it has worked in general.

Oh well, Cardo Systems is a small company so I guess I will stay wired for a bit longer.
After12yrs

Postby rewdmd » Wed May 18, 2011 2:40 pm

My son and I have used the G4 on our ride to Vintage Days in Ohio last year and it worked great! We have tried the walkie-talkie setups in the past to no avail. I used a first generation Scala with my GPS previously. It worked well, but the G4 is several steps above that. No question it's money well spent.
rewdmd

Postby Pilot » Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 pm

After12yrs wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:Software development is expensive, and only about 10% of people have a Mac. Of those 10% most run a PC type emulator, so I can see why they do not. Many compnaies feel the same way.

Jim :brow

Yeah, I know all about software development. Talking with Garmin, it was the emails and such from Mac users the pushed them to provide and update their software for use my us Mac owners. The Intel chip and Unix OS shell is an easily crossed over in general. I know I can get Fusion and have my PC shell, but one of the reasons I went to Mac in 07 was to get away from the MS OS and it has worked in general.

Oh well, Cardo Systems is a small company so I guess I will stay wired for a bit longer.

I definately agree. If I wanted a pc, I wouldn't have gone to Mac. And I certainly don't want to open my Mac to the perils of pc viruses by emulating the pc.

We just need to keep bugging the smaller companies too. It worked to bug Garmin, and they fixed it. Maybe more emails and suggestions will get scala onboard too.

Btw, the schuberth headset synchs with g4 as well and is also made by Cardo.
Pilot

IBA# 45949
2020 R1250 GSA Red/White/Blue
2013 K1600GT Dark Graphite (His (Gone))
2010 K1300GT Red (Hers (Gone))
Pilot

Postby Blaster229 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:50 am

Posted at 10:55 AM ET, 05/26/2011
Apple malware program evolves
By Hayley Tsukayama

The malware program MacDefender no longer requires a password to download. (By Justin Sullivan/Getty Images) MacDefender, the malware program that’s tricking some Mac owners into giving up their personal information, has evolved.

The original program asked for a users’ administrative password before it downloaded. Now, security software company Intego reports that a new program variant called MacGuard bypasses that step and puts itself onto your computer before deleting the original installer.

Apple said Tuesday that it will issue a security fix to deal with MacDefender and its known variants.

Intego said any Web page that looks like a Finder window that claims to be scanning your Mac is fake and users who see these pages should quit their browser right away and clear any downloads.

The company advised that users should turn off the “Open ‘safe’ files” option in their Safari browsers general preferences to keep the file from opening automatically if it is accidentally downloaded.
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Previous

Return to Reviews