Sidi Adventure Boots: Pretending to be a Poser

Products including farkle, clothing, helmets, heck even motorcycles that have been purchased and reviewed by bmwbmw.org members.

Sidi Adventure Boots: Pretending to be a Poser

Postby drewalex » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:54 am

Just got a pair of Sidi Adventure Boots and wanted give my first impression of them. I was looking for a good solid boot with dirt bike characteristics (protection and stability) but also be able to walk around in them. The boot is very solid and provides great protection to ankle and shin. The Adventure definately a great name for this dirt boot disguised as a crossover.

It did take some effort to lock the buckles at first, but much easier the 2nd go round. I felt my ankle was isolated and secure once locked down. It felt like a very solid but comfortable ski boot. Once on, it was apparent it would take a lot of force to compromise the safety factor.

I rode around on my XT250. At first shifting was an issue, but got used to not feeling the pressure of my toe shifting. I felt very secure on the pegs, sitting and standing. When. I took my foot off the peg, I was able to find it again with no effort. I did take a tumble and didn't break my leg, ankle or foot so I guess they did their job.

Walking around was great, aside from wanting to make Robo Cop SFX. The boot has good forward flex and the sole has great tread (a Vibram-like lug pattern). I walked about a mile (1/2 downhill & 1/2 uphill) in these boots, and eventhough they were heavy, they weren't too heavy. I stood in a creek for about 15 minutes and my tootsies were dry. The next test is wearing them at work to see what feel like at the end of the day. Once these puppies are broken in I might even be able to dance a jig.
All in all 2 Big Toes UP! These boots are the real deal!!
Go for a ride!- Paul Mihalka
drewalex
Mr. Bobblehead

Re: Sidi Adventure Boots: Pretending to be a Poser

Postby MrE » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:27 am

drewalex wrote:Just got a pair of Sidi Adventure Boots and wanted give my first impression of them. I was looking for a good solid boot with dirt bike characteristics (protection and stability) but also be able to walk around in them. The boot is very solid and provides great protection to ankle and shin. The Adventure definately a great name for this dirt boot disguised as a crossover.

It did take some effort to lock the buckles at first, but much easier the 2nd go round. I felt my ankle was isolated and secure once locked down. It felt like a very solid but comfortable ski boot. Once on, it was apparent it would take a lot of force to compromise the safety factor.

I rode around on my XT250. At first shifting was an issue, but got used to not feeling the pressure of my toe shifting. I felt very secure on the pegs, sitting and standing. When. I took my foot off the peg, I was able to find it again with no effort. I did take a tumble and didn't break my leg, ankle or foot so I guess they did their job.

Walking around was great, aside from wanting to make Robo Cop SFX. The boot has good forward flex and the sole has great tread (a Vibram-like lug pattern). I walked about a mile (1/2 downhill & 1/2 uphill) in these boots, and eventhough they were heavy, they weren't too heavy. I stood in a creek for about 15 minutes and my tootsies were dry. The next test is wearing them at work to see what feel like at the end of the day. Once these puppies are broken in I might even be able to dance a jig.
All in all 2 Big Toes UP! These boots are the real deal!!

These are great boots. I've had mine a couple years now.

And a happier shot:

They are not waterproof at the very top though. And they hold approximately 2 1/2 quarts of water with your foot in them. (Always recon your crossings - Thanks John K... I still remember).
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Postby drewalex » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:34 am

Check out the new design at http://motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd. ... oduct=4235
BTW I make motorcycle sounds at work too, Mike!
Go for a ride!- Paul Mihalka
drewalex
Mr. Bobblehead

Postby MrE » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:14 pm

drewalex wrote:Check out the new design at http://motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd. ... oduct=4235
BTW I make motorcycle sounds at work too, Mike!

I am talking about the big hole at the top where your foot goes in... that still isn't waterproof as far as i know... :-)
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1557&p=14998#p14998
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Postby ERC Scott » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Anyone else have feedback(or updates) you wish to share? These Sidi boots are on my short list for an ADV/touring boot. I had a pair of SIDI (BMW) street touring boots about 20 years ago. They were the only waterproof boots I've had that weren't sweat "collectors". Scott
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby patrick1moon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:28 am

ERC Scott wrote:Anyone else have feedback(or updates) you wish to share? These Sidi boots are on my short list for an ADV/touring boot. I had a pair of SIDI (BMW) street touring boots about 20 years ago. They were the only waterproof boots I've had that weren't sweat "collectors". Scott

I have had my Sidi's for over a year now and I really like them. They will tend to get very noise but I put a good coating of Snow Seal on them and the squeaking stopped, I have not had any issues with soggy feet but I have not done any deep water crossings. But plenty of rain and muck. They are broken in now and I can walk around in them all day if needed. Nice grip on the sole. The buckles are a bit tricky to get used to but once you get it dialed in for your size you will be fine.

These boots can be work in full MX style with pants tucked in or you can put your pants over top for better Rain proofing (so the rain doesn't flow in from the top and they don't look to bad to walk around town.

Overall I like them alot, they are not as stiff as a Full On MX boot but they provide a lot more protection than a normal riding boot especially if you pan on riding in the dirt. I have heard that there are two versions. A Gortex version and a Rain version. The Gortex version uses the Patented Gortex material and the other one uses some other Sidi version of Gortex. I have the NON-Gortex version and they have held up well.
2010 Red Low Frame R1200GS
2013 Red Honda CRF250L
patrick1moon
Frequent Poster

Postby patrick1moon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:35 am

Rev-zilla review on the Sidi Rain (Non-Gortex) version of the Adventure boot

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-adventure-rain-boots

and the Gor-Tex version:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-adventure-gore-tex-boots
2010 Red Low Frame R1200GS
2013 Red Honda CRF250L