Rosetta Stone, pictures of you!

Stop and smell the roses, and while you're at it take a picture or two.

Rosetta Stone, pictures of you!

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:12 am

Here is a thread suggested by Chimp for you to put a face to.

The point is to introduce yourself so that others will know who you are when you show up at a meeting, ride to eat, or tech day. And to introduce yourself to the forum and the club.

It will also be very searchable if you can only post once, which is why we are restricting replies.

You post a picture of yourself, and your SO if applicable, along with a short blurb about you.

There will be NO REPLIES ALLOWED to this thread.
Only single posts with pics of you and your SO, and a short blurb about you.

No politics, no smart @$$ remarks.

Any replies will be deleted by me! NO EXCEPTIONS.

I will post the first one as an example.

I hope everyone takes advantage of this thread, and we can keep within the rules.

Thanks,
Last edited by JimVonBaden on Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:19 am

HI,

My name is Jim, and I am a BMW rider, an R1200GS to be exact.

I am also currently the BMWBMW VP and Rally chair, and resident mega-poster. :lol:

Come join us for fun, rides, comradery, and tech days.

This club has a lot to offer, and I am sure you do too.

Tina will be along soon to introduce herself, but I wanted to let you all know we are the dynamic duo! :lol:

OK, maybe not, but we are very active.

See you around!

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden

Postby BKling » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:30 am

OK, here's my pic with my trusty ride, an '04 RT. This is my third BMW after having been on other brands for several years, man, does it feel right again.

I've been riding for almost 40 years and hope to ride for many more.

I joined the club in '06 but lurked here long before I joined. I don't ride as much as I'd like but do feel at home on two wheels. I enjoy doing my own wrenching, with some help now and then. And as you can see I do enjoy a good cigar too.

Bryant

In Case of Emergency - OPEN HEAD - USE BRAIN
BKling
Board Wizard

Postby chimp » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:32 am

My name is James, and I ride a 1991 Pearlescent White K100RS.

The lovely lady in the picture (about to watch me gorge myself on a nice brunch at Hotel Hershey) is my wife, Autumn, who is an occasional rider two-up with me for about an hour at a time. We're working on her license and/or a bike she's able to ride two-up on for more than an hour, comfortably. You may catch her at events, but I am the riding enthusiast .... she's the understanding spouse.

When I'm not riding, I am a government contractor for General Dynamics and a Warrant Officer in the Army Signal Corps. I also love beer, especially IPAs and good, flavorful stouts. I have been known to get sucked into a good Japanese manga/anime (i.e. a lot of stuff from Shonen Jump) or a video role-playing game (i.e. Final Fantasy series) too.

I am also a fan of BMWBMW and the forums - here's to many years of great rides and camraderie!! See you on the road!!

James Richards
chimp

Postby jeffjbmw » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:23 am

This is Janet and me at the vintage British bike show in Leesburg. We are behind her R1150RS. I ride a R1200GS and have had three other BMWs before it.

We have been riding now for six years. I got back into riding after a 20 year hiatus. She started right after taking the MSF course.

Jeff Joseph
jeffjbmw

Postby Ben_Ricci » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:18 am

I’m probably one of the newest to the tribe. I enjoy reading the adventures/misadventures of the BMWBMW members here!

I live just over the Maryland/Pennsylvania border in Littlestown, Pa. I’ve been riding on and off since 1982. I recently purchased an R1200ST from Paul Mihalka at Battley Cycles. My wife is a former rider and now occasional passenger.

Ben_Ricci

Postby R4R&R » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:56 am

That is a picture of my 12yo son and I camping on a buddy's land last Memorial day. We've done an overnighter that weekend for the past two years, I hope to make it a tradition.

Hmm...Where do I start....

I started riding about 12 years ago and went through a few 'Asian' bikes, and while they are bang-for-the-buck good at what they do, I wanted more in my next bike. A buddy got me introduced to the BMW line (I knew they made bikes and I always had the impressions they were the hardcore riders) so I started looking. I really liked the naked bike look and was sick of the chain drive maintenance so those requirements narrowed it down. It took me a while to decide on my next bike since having kids, I can't afford to buy a new one every couple years. It had to last, be reliable (my previous Suzuki never let me down in 50k miles!) and comfortable. The Roadster was it!

3.5 years and 46k miles later, this bike has changed me. While I previously commuted daily, year 'round, I never thought I would use a motorcycle to go grocery shopping (I still get funny looks when I have my helmet in the cart). I never thought I would EVER go pleasure riding in the rain. I never thought I would load up a tent and live off my bike for a long weekend. In the rain. All I can do is look forward to the next ride.

I'm trying to get my kids more involved in it but I can't take away from their priorities. My wife puts up with it and supports my hobby (she bought me my first street bike, a Yamaha Seca II), but I wish she would get more into it so we could enjoy it together.

This is a great group and I want to get more involved - hopefully I'll be turning up at more meetings, but I'm usually pretty quiet.
'17 Triumph Explorer 1200
'04 R1150R (gone but not forgotten)
('13 Triumph Speed Triple - sons bike)
Itchin' for a ride
R4R&R
GO COWBOYS!

Postby lionlady » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:27 pm

Eleanor and me, ready to head out on our Skyline Drive adventure, last September.

P
Ta da!
lionlady
Board Wizard

Postby JimVonBaden » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:35 pm

James and Jeff, your wives are your best features! :lol:

Seriously, nice to see you finally posting!

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden

Postby Chiba » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:55 am

Ich bin das Chiba (although with less goatee these days).
Last edited by Chiba on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby Sonic6 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:20 am

McJan here... I'm Mick (AKA Sonic6, the ViewSONIC monitor, not the hedgehog!) and that's Jan (Jumpinjan).

This pic was taken after a long day (and a few Margaritas) on our Edelweiss British Columbia tour.

Jan was still on the back at that point but has since done the training, got the license, and put several thousand miles on a Suzuki SV650 and new F650GS. I traded a Concours for a K1200S (woo hoo!)

Jan builds WEB applications and I work in Baltimore City. Ellicott City is ground zero for us.
Sonic6

Postby wiredcur » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:57 am

Da 'Cur

'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby Star-Bellied Sneetch » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:19 am

JimVonBaden wrote:James and Jeff, your wives are your best features! :lol:

Seriously, nice to see you finally posting!

Jim 8)

There will be NO REPLIES ALLOWED to this thread.

- JimVonBaden, post #1, this thread.
Star-Bellied Sneetch

Postby BchrisL » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:22 am

At work in the parking lot.
Last edited by BchrisL on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BchrisL

Postby Panzerphil » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi.
My name is Phil & I live in The UK.
As you can see I ride a 12GS.
The photo below was taken on a recent works ride-out to France (I work for Airbus UK) & it shows me in front of St. Nazaire Bridge complete with 'helmet hair'.

Panzerphil

Next

Return to Impressions