In search of a Flower Bed, literally...

Stop and smell the roses, and while you're at it take a picture or two.

In search of a Flower Bed, literally...

Postby RocketMan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Great day for a ride! Hope others got out there to enjoy the day as I did. After figuring out a way to keep the sleeve opening from closing up on the old hippo hands I got so years ago, which unlike the original ones had stiffeners, and putting on the talisman I got in New Orleans i headed out for a nice mid-day ride on PB Shaw. Got in around a 100 miles and now have 1131 miles on it since i bought it. did a nice circuit that took me in to Remington from the back side where I hoped I remembered where I saw the flower bed I was looking for to take some pics since I had not stopped when I first saw it. Pics from the fall would have made a bigger impact since at the time there were actually some flowers growing in it but WTF I didn't stop last time so...

So on with the pics..

the Flower Bed,

See, I told ya, a Flower Bed, literally! Ha Ha!

and a few stream pics along one of my favoriate local roads

and PBShaw with the mits in place, all I had to do was fold over the sleeve and the opening stayed open and didn't flap around when I took my arms out. Just wore some light ski gloves and my hands were nice and toasty (not that it was that cold out, almost 50 in some spots!)

and one of the talisman, its a tiny brass door-knocker, not quite sure what sort of door this was made for given its size, but I just really liked it when I saw it, some sort of gargoyle like creature, seems to fit real nicely.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Return to Impressions