shots of senca rocks climbers using my 1250mm mirror lens

Stop and smell the roses, and while you're at it take a picture or two.

shots of senca rocks climbers using my 1250mm mirror lens

Postby RocketMan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:48 pm

A few images taken with my 1250mm mirror lens (a Meade C90 astronomical telescope used as a spotting scope) with my Pen E-P1 attached using the camera adapter ring. I was standing on the porch of the cabin room I rented at Yokums campground located about a ¼ mile from the face of Seneca Rocks popular with climbers as its about 900 feet of sheer vertical rock face. I've never tried using the C90 without its motor drive unit which didn't work with my Nikon D80 due to its weight. Pretty amazing image quality but Meade then has always made very high quality optics. Shooting was at 1/250 speed, 200 ASA and the mirror lens is rated at 1250mm and an f-stop of around f13.

Had half a thought to start hanging around there on weekends taking shots of the climbers then trying to sell them ala killboy-Seneca Rocks. but decided it would just be more effort than I can to expend standing in the hot sun all day long!

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Return to Impressions