TG in WV

Stop and smell the roses, and while you're at it take a picture or two.

TG in WV

Postby apastron » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:13 am

Some riding in WV over Thanksgiving weekend...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJgnDk4uyw

(No, you can't have your 6 minutes back)...
apastron

Re: TG in WV

Postby adooley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 am

Nice video and some great scenery. Where was the Windmill stations located? Thanks for sharing! :D
adooley

Postby apastron » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks adooley. The windmills are mucking up the landscapes thru the whole area, but these particular ones are on US219 between Parsons and Thomas (N39 09.039 W79 34.188, per GPS track).
The wide angle lens really flattens things out. They are incredibly massive machines. The scene just before the turn-off, around 3:00, looked like I was about to ride into a giant blender at the top of the hill. :oops:
apastron

Postby Flash! » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 am

Great video, Andy! =D> I really liked the various camera angles and the occasional panning up into the trees. (Also enjoyed "Broken Wings" music--Alter Bridge is a good band.) I've long wanted a camera--what kind are you using, and is it difficult to attach?

Jody
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice.

2012 F650GS, Yellow and Black
Flash!
Board Guru

Postby adooley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 pm

apastron wrote:Thanks adooley. The windmills are mucking up the landscapes thru the whole area, but these particular ones are on US219 between Parsons and Thomas (N39 09.039 W79 34.188, per GPS track).
The wide angle lens really flattens things out. They are incredibly massive machines. The scene just before the turn-off, around 3:00, looked like I was about to ride into a giant blender at the top of the hill. :oops:

Ok. I ask because last time I was through those parts (about four years ago), those windmills were not there. Again, nice job with the video! Like Jody above, I am curious to know what camera were you using. GoPro Hero?
Andy Dooley
adooley

Postby Unity » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Very nice. Thanks for setting a new BMWBMW video standard!

--John
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Postby Maria V » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Great video - I really like the view from left rear of bike looking forward.
And great taste in bikes. :D
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Postby apastron » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks all!
@Maria: What - that old thing? :D
@Jody: It's a GoPro 960 - it's one of the older models. You can stick them anywhere if you buy enough mounting bases. You can get a 4-pack for like $20 with a choice of curved (like for a helmet) or flat. You also need a 90deg. adapter for anything but horizontal surfaces, which I think the newer models come with. I like AB too - but my first choice for music was "Grace" by Jeff Buckley. The lawyer hoards at YouTube wouldn't let me use the good studio version though...
@adooley: Yes, those are new. They are popping up like weeds there. (I seem to have misplaced a road-side waterfall around there somewhere too :?: )
apastron

Return to Impressions