West virginia / VIrginia

Our favorite roads and rides in the mid-Atlantic area - if you find a hidden gem please post!

West virginia / VIrginia

Postby dano0827 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:42 am

Hwy 33- and hwy 50 if you can do both back to back, i promise you a fantastic ride, 33/50 in West Virginia, unbeilievable.
Dano
dano0827

Postby Hello Kitty » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:00 am

Just about any road in WV is fantastic. I spend a fair bit of time out there during endurance rallies and am amazed every time.
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby markf » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:37 pm

Is that US 50 E/W across WV? I was thinking of taking it from Winchester, VA to Ohio. It's good?
markf

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:32 am

markf wrote:Is that US 50 E/W across WV? I was thinking of taking it from Winchester, VA to Ohio. It's good?

Not bad so long as there is no rain. I spent 200 miles, and 6 hours stuck in slow rainy traffic from one construction zone to another on 50 on my way to the MOA.

Better is 33, and low across to Ohio.

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby RocketMan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:20 am

markf wrote:Is that US 50 E/W across WV? I was thinking of taking it from Winchester, VA to Ohio. It's good?

its best very early AM or late evening since there are not a lot of passing areas as it cross the WV highlands and if you get stuck behind a truck or slow moving car it be really painfull such a nice twisty road at 45 just takes all the joy out of it.

once you get into Ohio following the river on rt 7 or 2 is a nice ride as well.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Return to Our Favorite Roads (VA, MD, WV, PA, DC)