Clark County Road 606

Our favorite roads and rides in the mid-Atlantic area - if you find a hidden gem please post!

Clark County Road 606

Postby biometrics » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:08 am

Clark County Road 606 between US-50 and VA Route 7. A road about 10-12 miles long that will tickle the Twisties for you. This morning there was some kind of major accident on Route 7 East just before the Shenandoah river bridge. The traffic was backed up to Berryville which is several miles to that bridge. I detoured over to US-50 through Berryville on US-340. Once I crossed the Shenandoah river on 50 I took the first major left turn (no GPS on my bike) just dead reakoning...which turned out to be 606. What a great drive. Lots of hills and turns. There are some smaller secondary roads that intersect 606, but if you just stay with the yellow center lines it will eventually bring out by the Shenandoah river for a couple of miles and then the road joins Route 7 just on the east side of the bridge that I couldn't get to earlier. What a pleasant detour, and great ride. I encourage you to try it! Beautiful river scenery.

Here is a link to a google map of the area. http://goo.gl/maps/gVmLo

You will have zoom in to find that 606 route...

-John
1983 R100 /T with Velorex Sidecar
2000 K1200LT (Sold!)
1999 R1100RT-P (Sold!)
1983 Honda Nighthawk 650 (Sold!)
1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (Ripped off!)
My Avatar? U.S. Army - Kagnew Station, Asmara, Eritrea, East Africa, 1972-1973
biometrics
Frequent Poster

Re: Clark County Road 606

Postby tuhughes » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:18 pm

That is a great road! I've started to use it in place of Blue Ridge Mountain Road (aka the Weather Mountain road) because it seems to have less gravel and definitely has more twisties! :D

[EDIT] That would be less unexpected-gravel-on-pavement, not the good type of gravel that you go looking for on a GS!
Tucker

Bikeless, for now...
tuhughes

Return to Our Favorite Roads (VA, MD, WV, PA, DC)