Visiting YB

Our favorite roads and rides in the mid-Atlantic area - if you find a hidden gem please post!

Visiting YB

Postby yankeebeemer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:39 am

Hey everyone. Don't beat me up...I am a Yankee Beemer living in Silver Spring MD for the next couple months. I've got a K13S with me. I am not very familiar with the roads around here. Does anyone have any Garmin files they could send me with backroad routes around the area? Just looking for day trip rides out of Silver Spring, 200-400 mile loops would be perfect. Any help is appreciated.
yankeebeemer

Re: Visiting YB

Postby bdimon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:36 am

Uh-oh, you're on the wrong side of the Mason-Dixon line. :wink:

Check out http://www.bmwbmw.org/ridesnroads for some downloadable files. There are some nice roads north of I-70 and also west of US-15. Our next club meeting is in Boonsboro which is in the middle of good roads. Welcome.

Yankee Beemers? Is that Massachusetts?
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby Maria V » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Welcome to the neighborhood! Feel free to drop in on a meeting, tech day, etc. We won't hit you up for membership fee yet. :lol:
Seriously, nice group here and you're welcome to join us to meet some fellow riders.
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Postby yankeebeemer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome and invite. Yes, the YBs are based out of MA. I will download those files and hit the road.
yankeebeemer

Postby dgraling » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:47 pm

I did some of the YB rallies last summer. Great group up there. I did Frosty Nutz Rally in Vermont - very cold - was 29 when I left there on Sunday morning early. Also I did Pemi River Rally in New Hampshire and the Damn Yankees Rally in Heath, Mass. Had the chance to get up to Mt. Washington and ride the COG railway when I was at Pemi River. Damn Yankees had me flooded out of my tent due to a massive thunderstorm. All good fun.

I could take you on a little jaunt towards Canaan Valley, WV and pass by Fairfax Stone where the Potomac River begins. Ping me at dgraling@cisco.com and maybe when things get a tad warmer we can do some riding.
Don Graling
Centreville, Virginia
2009 R1200RT
dgraling
Frequent Poster

Postby stevebmw » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Welcome, YB! We're a pretty friendly bunch down here, so I hope we'll see you at a few events while you're in the area.

Did you know Dave & Tina Swider before they lit out for the left coast?
Steve Anderson
2002 R1150GS
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Your HQ for GS fun!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
540-891-9844
steve@mortonsbmw.com
http://www.mortonsbmw.com
stevebmw
Board Viking

Postby yankeebeemer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome at the mtg today. It was nice to meet everyone.
yankeebeemer

Return to Our Favorite Roads (VA, MD, WV, PA, DC)