MD2020 registration open!!!

Place to keep up with Road Rallies & Races

Postby Hello Kitty » Mon May 28, 2007 8:57 pm

georgefalcon wrote:
Unity wrote:Fine job, Nancy! :D So, you've probably gotten this out of your system and won't be doing rallies any more? :P

--John 8)
Glad to see the smiley faces, John. Nancy's going to win the IBR sometime in the near future. I don't think anything less will scratch her itch.

I appreciate your confidence, but I would first need to register for the IBR and then aquire the 8 or 10K or so it'd take to actually do it. Not anytime soon. That and it's 11 days. My goodness! I'm beat from 31 hours. I wouldn't even do the BitE cause it's 5 days.
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby chimp » Mon May 28, 2007 9:02 pm

You just need a pit crew and support van, Kitty ... that is, if anyone is willing to sport HK memorabilia on their van for 11 days and follow you around in shifts :lol:
chimp

Postby JimVonBaden » Mon May 28, 2007 9:58 pm

georgefalcon wrote:
Unity wrote:Fine job, Nancy! :D So, you've probably gotten this out of your system and won't be doing rallies any more? :P

--John 8)
Glad to see the smiley faces, John. Nancy's going to win the IBR sometime in the near future. I don't think anything less will scratch her itch.

You got that right George!

I was saying the same thing to Tina today!

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby Hello Kitty » Tue May 29, 2007 7:00 am

I'm very flattered, but I just don't see it. ELEVEN DAYS?!?!?!?! If the BitE runs again next year, MAYBE I'll try it to see how I do on a multiday rally. A few of the guys at the MD2020 were telling me it's actually easier to get several cat naps in during the longer events than during a 24 (or 31) hour event. I understand what they're saying, so maybe I will give it a shot some time.
I'd love to finish the IBR, but it's just such a huge undertaking...
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby wiredcur » Tue May 29, 2007 7:58 am

Hello Kitty wrote:I'm very flattered, but I just don't see it. ELEVEN DAYS?!?!?!?! If the BitE runs again next year, MAYBE I'll try it to see how I do on a multiday rally. A few of the guys at the MD2020 were telling me it's actually easier to get several cat naps in during the longer events than during a 24 (or 31) hour event. I understand what they're saying, so maybe I will give it a shot some time.
I'd love to finish the IBR, but it's just such a huge undertaking...

You just need to change your attitude about where you place in the pack. :wink: I never thought I'd want to do a 24h rally but I'm seriously considering this for the Void III. Heck, it' less than 300 miles from Altoona, PA to Lynchburg, VA. I should be able to do THAT in 24h. :lol: :lol:
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby SIGSTER » Tue May 29, 2007 8:24 am

I just want to piggy-back on what everyone else has said. Nancy, "you the man----------beater!" Incredible ride! You just keep getting better and better. I predict it won't be long before you win one of these events.

I had a wonderful time this year. I finished 15th just behind Chris Sakala and Jim Owen and a couple others I don't remember just out of the top ten. I didn't plan as aggressive a route as Nancy and Don. I only went for two of the four quarters and gathered a bunch of points. But 50% of the points versus 75% was the difference between the top ten finishers and everyone else. I rode my route exactly as plannned and logged 1332 miles. Knowing that my route was more do-able took the pressure off and I just truly enjoyed the ride, the great scenery and the perfect weather. I din't have a single hiccup during the whole rally. I got back an hour and fifteen minutes early, so I guess I could have ridden farther, but, by then, I was ready to get off the bike. This was a really enjoyable event, but I actually like the shorter rallies better. I can go balls to the wall for 10-12 hours, but not for 30--even if I do use butt butter! :wink:

This ride was highly educational as well. The theme was George Washington and I never realized all the things he had his fingers in. Nearly every checkpoint had something to do with old George. A great time was had by all with the exception of maybe Mike Allen at the end. I wasn't even aware that he broke his ankle. Makes for a memorable event.

Again congratulations to Nancy and everyone else who finished.
SIGSTER

Postby Hello Kitty » Tue May 29, 2007 9:59 am

SIGSTER wrote:I just want to piggy-back on what everyone else has said. Nancy, "you the man----------beater!" Incredible ride! You just keep getting better and better. I predict it won't be long before you win one of these events.

I had a wonderful time this year. I finished 15th just behind Chris Sakala and Jim Owen and a couple others I don't remember just out of the top ten. I didn't plan as aggressive a route as Nancy and Don. I only went for two of the four quarters and gathered a bunch of points. But 50% of the points versus 75% was the difference between the top ten finishers and everyone else. I rode my route exactly as plannned and logged 1332 miles. Knowing that my route was more do-able took the pressure off and I just truly enjoyed the ride, the great scenery and the perfect weather. I din't have a single hiccup during the whole rally. I got back an hour and fifteen minutes early, so I guess I could have ridden farther, but, by then, I was ready to get off the bike. This was a really enjoyable event, but I actually like the shorter rallies better. I can go balls to the wall for 10-12 hours, but not for 30--even if I do use butt butter! :wink:

This ride was highly educational as well. The theme was George Washington and I never realized all the things he had his fingers in. Nearly every checkpoint had something to do with old George. A great time was had by all with the exception of maybe Mike Allen at the end. I wasn't even aware that he broke his ankle. Makes for a memorable event.

Again congratulations to Nancy and everyone else who finished.

You told on yourself about buttering your ass. I wasn't going to say anything... yeah right, just waiting for the right opportunity!

Mike broke his heel, not his ankle. I believe the heel is a pretty bad one and very painful. He needs surgery when he gets home. That'll learn him, won't it? He's a young guy and so has a good shot to recover quickly and well. I'll be thinking of him!
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby jbfields3 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:36 am

Good write-ups. I would have enjoyed learning more about George Washington.
jbfields3

Postby georgefalcon » Wed May 30, 2007 8:25 pm

Hello Kitty wrote:Mike broke his heel, not his ankle. I believe the heel is a pretty bad one and very painful. He needs surgery when he gets home. That'll learn him, won't it? He's a young guy and so has a good shot to recover quickly and well. I'll be thinking of him!

Am I mistaken, or did Mike Allen not say that he was drinking alcoholic beverages shortly before this incident?
georgefalcon

Postby Hello Kitty » Wed May 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Of course he was! He was jumping the fence to get to the bar across the street after they closed the hotel's bar. I'm just glad I went to bed early or I could have easily been right beside him!!!
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Previous

Return to Races & Endurance Rallies