Mini-Rally at the SRR

Place to keep up with Road Rallies & Races

Postby Chiba » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:13 am

DogHouse wrote:Dial up? At work? Where do you work, 1997? :D

That was awesome.

"Bonii" is plural for "bonus" as in the "bonus point locations" in the context of a rally. So instead of saying "bonusesses" we say "bonii". It's one of the many things that make us marginally cooler than normal people.

--chiba
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:24 am

chiba wrote:

That was awesome.

"Bonii" is plural for "bonus" as in the "bonus point locations" in the context of a rally. So instead of saying "bonusesses" we say "bonii". It's one of the many things that make us marginally cooler than normal people.

--chiba

[-(

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby wiredcur » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:48 am

JimVonBaden wrote:
chiba wrote:

That was awesome.

--chiba

[-(

Jim 8)

I know Jim... you think it makes us look A LOT cooler than normal people, but we're just being realists. :P :lol:
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby wiredcur » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:59 am

In agreement with Pam and Nancy... forget about GPS vs. no GPS.

Who wants to help and who wants to ride the rally? These are two distinct groups.

Put me on the list to help.

Not to be too much of a Rally Bastard but since this looks like it could happen, any conversations and ideas between the people setting this up CAN NOT be in this forum. Sorry, riders... it's a secret.
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby kjackson » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:05 pm

chiba wrote:

That was awesome.

--chiba

So are you implying that we are 'Abby Normal'?

Kemit
Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut. - Winston Churchill

There are people dying every day that have never lived. - me

It'll become painfully obvious when the gun owners become "unreasonable".
kjackson
The PURDY One

Postby The Dude! » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:10 pm

I looked her up and down, and she caught me giving her the Bone Eye...
The Dude!

Postby Chiba » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:26 pm

wiredcur wrote:Not to be too much of a Rally Bastard but since this looks like it could happen, any conversations and ideas between the people setting this up CAN NOT be in this forum. Sorry, riders... it's a secret.

You're right man - I'd like to be a rider, so y'all helpers quit muckin' up our thread with your plans :)

--chiba
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby Dough Boy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:30 pm

Rider here too.

I'm sure that the several rally veterans here can easily come up with their plans....
Dough Boy

Postby DogHouse » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:55 pm

chiba wrote:

That was awesome.

--chiba

That part I knew. I guess I should have asked what do you get bonuses :wink: for?

05 R1200GS
97 Craftsman 19hp Riding Mower 42" cut
DogHouse
What? Again? Oy

Postby Dough Boy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:59 pm

Working hard, hitting your profit goal. Stuff like that. :wink:
Dough Boy

Postby DogHouse » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:03 pm

Dough Boy wrote:Working hard, hitting your profit goal. Stuff like that. :wink:

You obviously(SP?) don't work for da gub.

05 R1200GS
DogHouse
What? Again? Oy

Postby Dough Boy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:12 pm

DogHouse wrote:
Dough Boy wrote:Working hard, hitting your profit goal. Stuff like that. :wink:

You obviously(SP?) don't work for da gub.

Obviously. :D
Dough Boy

Postby chimp » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:56 pm

chiba wrote:
wiredcur wrote:Not to be too much of a Rally Bastard but since this looks like it could happen, any conversations and ideas between the people setting this up CAN NOT be in this forum. Sorry, riders... it's a secret.

You're right man - I'd like to be a rider, so y'all helpers quit muckin' up our thread with your plans :)

--chiba

Hmm ... rider here as well. I wouldn't be a very good planner having never done a rally anyway :o
chimp

Postby Chiba » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:02 pm

Look at this web page: http://www.capefear1000.com/rules.htm and scroll down to Section IV Bonus Hunting.

It doesn't explain exactly what a Bonus is, but by reading through that section you get a pretty good idea.

Think of the Rally as a route with start/fin and a couple/few checkpoints. Those are the points you have to hit to "complete" the Rally, and you get x amount of points for hitting them on time and in the right order. Just by finishing the rally you get a certain amount of points.

Add in extra (koff - BONUS) point-gathering opportunities along the way, between the checkpoints and now you've got the bigger picture of what this kind of Rally is about. By finishing the rally and fulfilling the requirements of the bonii, you get more points - and the rider with the most points wins.

They also often have ANTI-BONII such as getting pulled over (you seal your driver's license in an envelope before you leave - if you have to produce your DL you LOSE y points) and missing a time deadline for a checkpoint or the finish line.

I may be the first person to use the term "anti-bonii" and if so, I hereby claim ownership forthwith :)

--chiba
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby DogHouse » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:11 pm

chiba wrote:Look at this web page: http://www.capefear1000.com/rules.htm and scroll down to Section IV Bonus Hunting.

It doesn't explain exactly what a Bonus is, but by reading through that section you get a pretty good idea.

Think of the Rally as a route with start/fin and a couple/few checkpoints. Those are the points you have to hit to "complete" the Rally, and you get x amount of points for hitting them on time and in the right order. Just by finishing the rally you get a certain amount of points.

Add in extra (koff - BONUS) point-gathering opportunities along the way, between the checkpoints and now you've got the bigger picture of what this kind of Rally is about. By finishing the rally and fulfilling the requirements of the bonii, you get more points - and the rider with the most points wins.

They also often have ANTI-BONII such as getting pulled over (you seal your driver's license in an envelope before you leave - if you have to produce your DL you LOSE y points) and missing a time deadline for a checkpoint or the finish line.

I may be the first person to use the term "anti-bonii" and if so, I hereby claim ownership forthwith :)

--chiba

Now I get it. Thanks

05 R1200GS
DogHouse
What? Again? Oy

PreviousNext

Return to Races & Endurance Rallies