MedJet Assist - Motorcycle Transfer Coverage

Place to keep up with Road Rallies & Races

MedJet Assist - Motorcycle Transfer Coverage

Postby lionlady » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm

I just found the flyer that came in my MOA renewal packet, for MedJet Assist. Whenever Chaz rides in a rally, and from rally headquarters I hear the turmoil and craziness that occurs when a rider crashes far from home and is injured (or at the least, their bike is wrecked), I realize that having this sort of "just in case" coverage is probably a good idea for us. I'm getting too old for an after dark sprint home for a tow vehicle to rescue Chaz. From my friend's mishap during the Mason-Dixon, I know that emergency transport for care is extremely expensive.

In addition, recalling what we had to do to get Clifford home when he had that mystery electrical issue getting during the Void, getting my bike home back in 2004, along with the "fun" of dealing with my front wheel encounter heading to Cape Fear. MC transport coverage would have been handy.

As Chaz and I get older, I'm more inclined to have "just in case" coverage in place for peace of mind. Then I won't have to worry quite so much as he's riding in the dark of night far from me. Has anyone else considered this sort of coverage for rallies or touring trips?

P
Ta da!
lionlady
Board Wizard

Re: MedJet Assist - Motorcycle Transfer Coverage

Postby Chiba » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:58 pm

I have MJA through the MOA - the family plan. With the amount of traveling my wife & kid do in the summers, plus my running around to this rally & that one, it seems prudent. I hope I never have to use it, but knowing I can when I need to is good for peace of mind.
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby GSFun » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Hmmm....
Shannon Krammes
2011 G650GS
BMWBMW Membership Chair
membership@bmwbmw.org

-- Making BMWBMW a club of the members, by the members, for the members!!!
GSFun
Board Guru

Postby stevebmw » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:47 pm

I've had MedJet for about three years now, though fortunately I haven't needed it. I wouldn't consider traveling without it. I know several people who have been brought home or to more advanced medical facilities after a bad accident in a faraway place. It works, absolutely. As far as transporting the bike, they'll cover up to $3,500 to get your bike to the dealership of your choice from the U.S., Canada, or Mexico. It's well worth the money, and there's a discount if you're an MOA or Horizons Unlimited member.
Steve Anderson
2002 R1150GS
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Your HQ for GS fun!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
540-891-9844
steve@mortonsbmw.com
http://www.mortonsbmw.com
stevebmw
Board Viking

Postby Marty Cover » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:30 am

Here's why you want MedJet Assist

after my crash on the Continental Divide Ride in 2012 got a Lear Jet ride from ElPaso to BWI. Called them at 5PM and was on the plane at midnight. Figure I need to be a member for the next 30 years for them to break even :D
It took about 6 weeks for the bike to make it to Bob's but I never saw any paperwork. They are more than worth the cost
Marty
IBA #42016
12 K1600GTL
13 F700GS
You are not lost if you don't care where you are.
Marty Cover

Postby Maria V » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:36 am

Glad that you came out of that one, Marty. Seems prudent and worth the cost for the piece of mind, just in case.

About that picture...
I have to say, that looks like a yard sale. :peepwall:
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Return to Races & Endurance Rallies