Big Money Rally 2014

Place to keep up with Road Rallies & Races

Big Money Rally 2014

Postby wilsonjw42 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:23 pm

I rode the first two Big Money Rally events, and had a lot of fun on each. They're great motivation to get our riding in the cooler weather. It's back for 2014...details, below:

From Reno John --

We're extremely excited about our 3rd consecutive year. Participants will find a sharper emphasis on what we do best (Many call it competitive touring). While much will stay the same, we've refined a lot and are confident that riders will appreciate the enhancements across the board.

Added goodness about 2014:
~Android App Available. Joel Tolbert has developed a very groovy app exclusively for the BMR. It has some nice functionality that Android users will want to check out -and we're confident most on android wireless devices will end up using this app to submit their bonuses.

Rally will start on Jan 1st 2014. End date is May 24. Initial bonus listing will be available on Dec 01 2013.

There will *NOT* be a formal practice rally this year. However we do have a simple sample bonus listing for participants to test/practice and get the feel for the unique BMR format. No doubt participants will have some good fun with this. Veterans will tell you that practicing before the real event is beneficial and fun.

Those who have participated in past BMR rallies know this is a grass-root event that is only possible because of the contributions of many. If you would like to help and have skillets and time to do so, we'll put you to work. We have many areas where a helping hand will be very appreciated.

+ More information can be found on the BMR website:
http://bigmoneyrally.com/

+ Registration is now open, once registered and set-up you can begin practicing/testing.

+ Feel free to let your riding buddies know that BMR2014 is happening and feel free to share via your favorite forums and bike-related mailing lists.

With Love,
....your groovy friends at the BMR.
http://bigmoneyrally.com/
IBA #48153, AMA, BMWMOA, BMWBMW
2010 R1200RT

North Springfield, VA
wilsonjw42

Re: Big Money Rally 2014

Postby Chiba » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 pm

I had a lot of fun doing the BMR in '12. Planned on doing more than I did in '13 but got slammed with trying to find a new job & that took over all my brain cycles, so I missed out. Looking forward to '14!
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby bstransky » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm in for '14!

Hopefully I will do better than this year. Despite a personalized BMR13 sticker on my bike from the IBA meet in Florida, work and other personal commitments just got in the way. My final total for 2013 was: "Mr. Blutarsky... zero... point... zero."

Bob
08 R1200GS, 05 F650GS
a bit over 100,000 BMW miles (so far)
bstransky

Postby timtimtim2000 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 am

I enjoyed the BMR 13. I didn't finish, because I ran into some Beemer destroying mechanical troubles.

I'd like to see the Android App they are working on. That sounds like it would be very useful.

I may sign up for this year. I'm still sorting out my extremely cheap and horrifyingly abused KLR I bought in Brooklyn last Weds. Lots of work to be done on it.
rides rat bikes
timtimtim2000
Board Guru

Postby Hello Kitty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:47 pm

:lol: So Saturday night, I was driving out to the playa for a memorial service to honor fallen riders. I come upon a windscreen and sidecase in my path and a bike/rider in a mud puddle off to the side. None other than Reno John :oops: right there for all to see! So be sure to poke him in the eye at every opportunity.
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Return to Races & Endurance Rallies