Void 7

Place to keep up with Road Rallies & Races

Re: Void 7

Postby Hello Kitty » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Void 7 is in the books! A great time was had by all. Or at least, everyone I saw...

Working with the rally master was great and I really enjoyed my time on the other side of the table. I especially enjoyed going back inside for breakfast after the 10 hour riders took off. Then, after the sun came up, loading a couple girls and a pack of dogs in the truck for a lovely walk by the river :D Perhaps best of all was getting in the truck on Sunday morning while everyone else was getting on their bikes in the rain :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lessee, from the club... Chase was there and I think had fun. I dunno, is Jeff Wilson actually a member here? Well, he was there. Chiba pussed out. Stattmatt and his son were there. Sounds like they had a great time. I do know that the first place finisher from GA was on a GS (and is currently dealing with a FD failure in Nashville... :( ) Sorry if I left anyone out, chime in if you were there.

Walt ran the 10 hour and came in 2nd place!!! How awesome is that?? :D
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby Hello Kitty » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 pm

:emb: :emb: Oops! Marty and Lisa were there as well. OMG! Lisa CRACKED ME UP with a story!!!
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby ChaseH » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:33 pm

I ha an awesome time and great ride. Wish I could do it again this weekend. This was my first rally, I did the 10 hr and wanted to keep going. I could have been more aggressive with my plan. Such as it was, it would have been solidly in the middle of the pack, with a few including Walt separating themselves with impressive scores. Instead, I was actually near the bottom. I unecessarily rushed in he parking lot to scoring, even though I had 15 mins before next penalty. My haste and unwillingness to check my work cost me 1/4 of my score. Learned a lot and loved it. Seeya next year, as they ran a great show.
09 R1200 GS
14 S1000RR HP4

Scuba Travel & Motorcycle photos
http://chaseh.smugmug.com/
ChaseH
Where GS = Gone Skidding

Postby wilsonjw42 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:45 am

Hello Kitty wrote:Void 7 is in the books! A great time was had by all. Or at least, everyone I saw...

<snip> I dunno, is Jeff Wilson actually a member here? Well, he was there. <snip>

Yep, I am!

And yes, I had a great time at Void 7. It was a great ride, in wonderful autumn weather....

-- Jeff
IBA #48153, AMA, BMWMOA, BMWBMW
2010 R1200RT

North Springfield, VA
wilsonjw42

Postby Chiba » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:59 am

Hello Kitty wrote:Chiba pussed out.

Chiba hurt his back earlier that week & couldn't get his motorcycle off the kickstand until Wednesday of this week :(
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby Hello Kitty » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 pm

T.Wesley wrote:
Hello Kitty wrote:Chiba pussed out.

Chiba hurt his back earlier that week & couldn't get his motorcycle off the kickstand until Wednesday of this week :(

:( :( :( :( :( indeed. I'm sorry to hear that, but maybe it's getting better? Hope so!
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby ObiWan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 am

Work got in the way at the very last minute.

RM was kind enough to send me the 10hr stuff but I could not make that either, unfortunately.

Sorry I missed y'all. I really like this one, the ride in WV and VA are normally awesome on the weekend before Columbus Day.

So, hope to do it again next year.
13 Ducati Multistrada GT
11 FZ6R (The Missus's)
06 K1200GT (didn't make it)
98 FXDL

"I feel more like I do now than when I got here"
ObiWan
Club Whiner

Postby Hello Kitty » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:12 am

Walt's 2nd place ride was a very nice route into WV - basically up to Elkins and then a loop back down. First place was more North and East to the Mosby's Raiders plaque (I think) and then loop back down. For a nice ride, I'd take the 2nd place route :D

Sorry you missed it Obi, if you'd consider a 24+ hour, and I think you should, check out MD2020 (Memorial Day weekend) and Minute Man which is I think the weekend after SRR.

Of course, there's Cape Fear, but it can be hard to get into. Maybe Jim will come up with a creative thing again this year that will help :D

Rallies are FUN!
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Previous

Return to Races & Endurance Rallies