2012 Tour of Honor

Place to keep up with Road Rallies & Races

2012 Tour of Honor

Postby stevebmw » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:41 pm

This is another ride I've signed up for in 2012, and I encourage others to do the same:

http://www.tourofhonor.com/index.html

From their website:

The Tour of Honor is a great reason to hit the open road, honor our heroes, and contribute to a good cause, the WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT. Non-riders can follow along and "Ride in Spirit"...see registration form for details.

The event is a season-long, self-directed ride to memorials and monuments around the continental U.S. and Hawaii, with more than 25 states participating. From April 1 through October 31, visit as many sites as you want, with any route you choose...

... A portion of each paid registration will go to the Wounded Warrior Project, a cause "dedicated to honoring and empowering the severely wounded and their families.

Last year, the sites you were to visit -- military cemeteries, memorials, monuments, etc. -- were mostly out west. For 2012, there will be many more sites, including a large number in our area. Join in and help honor our military veterans and help those who have been injured while protecting us.
Steve Anderson
2002 R1150GS
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Your HQ for GS fun!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
540-891-9844
steve@mortonsbmw.com
http://www.mortonsbmw.com
stevebmw
Board Viking

Re: 2012 Tour of Honor

Postby shelion » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm not much of a tour person, but as a veteran myself this is one that I'm interested in doing. Think I'll sign up for it too.
It's hard to dance with the devil on your back, so shake him off.

2010 F650GS
shelion
Fire Goddess

Return to Races & Endurance Rallies