Maryland Breakfast Ride

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Maryland Breakfast Ride

Postby HMF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:19 am

I have just renewed my club membership after a long absence and hope to do better at making club connections (my bad) than during the last time around. I'm thinking about the Myersville breakfast ride this Saturday as a chance to meet a few members, though see that it's a busy day on the club calendar. Am I likely to see a few of you at the diner this Saturday?
Given the late start, I plan to start early and take a round-about route to Myersville from my home in Silver Spring. Anyone interested in joining me here or along the way?
Henry
HMF

Re: Maryland Breakfast Ride

Postby JonG » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:58 pm

I've been planning / hoping to attend too. But the weather forecast just keeps on getting worse. This morning it was 40%, now it's 50% chance of Saturday morning showers.
If on Friday morning, the forecast still calls for rain on Saturday, I may just go up Friday morning.
Jon
JonG

Postby ERC Scott » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm USUALLY at this event, but with the 100th anniversary of BMW being celebrated on that day at Bobs & Mortons, I will skip the breakfast this month. Scott
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby bdimon » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:02 pm

I'm sorry to miss you guys. I will be at the 4 winds Rally this weekend. I highly recommend the Old Town Diner; the eggs are fresh. Don't worry so much about the chance of rain. It's summer and it's almost always raining in the afternoon, but go for breakfast at 10 AM and you have a good chance of dry roads.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby HMF » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:10 pm

ERC Scott wrote:I'm USUALLY at this event, but with the 100th anniversary of BMW being celebrated on that day at Bobs & Mortons, I will skip the breakfast this month. Scott

Scott -
Maybe we'll run into each other another time.
It was actually you who "re-recruited" me for the club. We met at Battley's last year on the day I picked up my new ride.
Henry
HMF

Postby JonG » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:37 am

What a difference a day makes, especially for a weather prognosticator.
Looking like a good day for a ride tomorrow.
JonG

Return to RideToEat - RTE