Cherry Blossom Breakfast Ride

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Cherry Blossom Breakfast Ride

Postby bdimon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:18 am

This Saturday is the Myersville Breakfast Ride and we will try something different. We will have a ride before the breakfast and then eat. Well, we will ride after breakfast too. :)

According to http://cherryblossomwatch.com/peak-bloom-forecast/ The peak bloom will start Friday the 18. So let's take a quick look at the blossoms before to breakfast. Here's the plan: Meet for coffee at the Rappahannock Coffee shop in Arlington. There is plenty of parking behind the building. I'll be there at 7:30 am so I can enjoy a latte. Side stands up and roll out at 8:00 am on the dot. Cross the Memorial Bridge (might be your last chance before they close it for repairs) and then slowly circle the Tidal Basin. Cross the Memorial Bridge again and head up the George Washington Parkway. Stop at an overlook to snap a photo and regroup in case we got separated. Then cross the Potomac and head west on McArthur Boulevard. From there it's back roads all the way to breakfast at 10:00 am.

View Larger Map

Some of you will wonder why we should go into the city at all. As long as we live here, let's see what the tourists come to see. Do you only want to see the cherry blossoms on the web? http://www.earthcam.com/usa/dc/cherryblossoms/ It's better from the saddle!

After breakfast, some of the club will go to WestMar for a site visit. If you do not want to join them we will pick another destination over eggs and bacon.

It's Spring! Let's ride! :D
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Re: Cherry Blossom Breakfast Ride

Postby JimVonBaden » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:27 am

Hmmmmm
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby ela » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:42 pm

I'm a possible. Gotta see how the week goes.

Eric
ela

Postby Blixa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 pm

This sounds fun. I'll try to make it.
Edit - keeping an eye on the forecast
Last edited by Blixa on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blixa
Frequent Poster

Postby jskene » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:15 pm

I'm planning on coming.
jskene
Board Guru

Postby Qijote » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:26 pm

Hey Bruce! Great meeting you and John and Jerry in Myersville. Great conversation, excellent food. I really liked Jerry's P3lights (which he manufactures and sells). I will definitely install some to enhance my brake lights.
Fortunately managed to get back home before all the mixed rain and sleet.
Roy
"Life needs a mixture of excitement and routine. Too much of either is exhausting." Linda Crill in "Blind Curves"

1972 Honda CB 350
2004 R1150R Rockster "Rocinante" (sold)
2014 1190 Adventure
Qijote
Board Guru

Return to RideToEat - RTE