Baltimore Breakfast Ride March 5

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Baltimore Breakfast Ride March 5

Postby tom2000 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:57 am

Come join the first Baltimore Breakfast ride of the spring. Enjoy breakfast at the Ashland Cafe and a ride through the North Baltimore countryside. Ashland has two dining rooms, the Cafe and the bar area. The bar area is usually less crowded so let's meet there. Tom
Tom Rhodes
2002 R1150 GS
tom2000

Re: Baltimore Breakfast Ride March 5

Postby bdimon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:33 am

I'm in! I have a one o'clock meeting in Alexandria so I might not do the whole ride. I look forward to seeing you guys.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby tom2000 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:56 am

weather may not be perfect, but let's do it anyway!
Tom Rhodes
2002 R1150 GS
tom2000

Postby bdimon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:02 am

tom2000 wrote:weather may not be perfect, but let's do it anyway!

It will be nice and dry with light winds. That is pretty good for the beginning of March. 8)
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby bdimon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Ride Report! John, Tom, and I met for breakfast. Enjoyed a fine meal and talked with a BMW owner who expressed an interest in the club for him and his son. Handed him a couple of our snazzy business cards and he promised to check it out and join us for breakfast in April. Don't tell your wives that he owns a fur coat store. On the other hand, Sylvester Stallone looked good in a fur coat, maybe I could pull it off?

The damn temperatures stayed in the winter zone so we kept the ride short. Tom knows where the rich horse-riding people live and they built their mansions in the prettiest country lanes. The pavement rose and fell as it wound around creeks and horse pastures. It was a good variety of tight third gear curves connected by stretches of 5 gear cruising roads. We tested our suspensions on the roads around Prettyboy Reservoir Park. Winter was particularly brutal on the park roads there. We saw the first sign of spring there - road repair equipment! I had never been to this park which is a shame since they were obviously thinking of me when they named it. :wink:

We ended the ride in Westminster where Tom and I each headed to our homes. We enjoyed fifty miles of the best roads in Maryland's Hunt Country.

View Larger Map
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Ride Report! John, Tom, and I met for breakfast. Enjoyed a fine meal and talked with a BMW owner who expressed an interest in the club for him and his son. Handed him a couple of our snazzy business cards and he promised to check it out and join us for breakfast in April. Don't tell your wives that he owns a fur coat store. On the other hand, Sylvester Stallone looked good in a fur coat, maybe I could pull it off?

The damn temperatures stayed in the winter zone so we kept the ride short. Tom knows where the rich horse-riding people live and they built their mansions in the prettiest country lanes. The pavement rose and fell as it wound around creeks and horse pastures. It was a good variety of tight third gear curves connected by stretches of 5 gear cruising roads. We tested our suspensions on the roads around Prettyboy Reservoir Park. Winter was particularly brutal on the park roads there. We saw the first sign of spring there - road repair equipment! I had never been to this park which is a shame since they were obviously thinking of me when they named it. :wink:

We ended the ride in Westminster where Tom and I each headed to our homes. We enjoyed fifty miles of the best roads in Maryland's Hunt Country.

View Larger Map
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

View Larger Map
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Return to RideToEat - RTE