Saturday Breakfast Ride to Bob's Party, December 19

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Saturday Breakfast Ride to Bob's Party, December 19

Postby bdimon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:03 pm

This week is the third Saturday of month. That means breakfast at the Old Town Diner and a ride. Since this Saturday is also Customer Appreciation Day at Bob's BMW, it makes sense to combine the two. We eat in Myersville at ten and then wander through back roads and a covered bridge or two over to Jessup to be appreciated. Hook up the electric vest and meet me there.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Re: Saturday Breakfast Ride to Bob's Party, December 19

Postby eap » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:16 am

I am actually at the old Town Diner now on my lonely Friday ride:) Sounds like a fun ride Bruce . I will be short on time Saturday and will head over earlier so might miss you all... Ride safe
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby ERC Scott » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:26 am

I have been on the "Friday Ride with Ed" the last 2 weeks. Can't make today's ride :( We did find some excellent half-day rides with easy access from Myersville and great lunch stops. Will keep this in mind for future club rides. Scott
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby JonG » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:05 pm

I'm coming, at least for breakfast.
JonG

Postby eap » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:00 am

Waited for you all at BOBs 'til around 1 or so. Good corn chowder and bean soups! Registered for the Polar Bear challenge and got about 100 miles on the way home.
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby bdimon » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:32 am

eap wrote:Waited for you all at BOBs 'til around 1 or so. Good corn chowder and bean soups! Registered for the Polar Bear challenge and got about 100 miles on the way home.

Well, I don't like the direct route. The most fun between two points is a twisty line. After yakking too long over breakfast, it was almost noon when I left. I tried a new route over Braddock Heights on Highland School Road. The chip seal surface looked new and had no painted lines. It was a little bumpy but the surface was unbroken and gave good traction. The road was empty until after I crested the ridge and started down the other side. A crowd of bicyclists were unloading their bikes and getting ready to pedal off. It looked like a club ride.

Frederick County's three covered bridges are always fun to ride over no matter how many times I have been over them. I like to go slowly through them while coasting. I don't know why, it just feels wrong to rush through a covered bridge. Maybe because they are so old-fashioned. Actually, the Loys Station Bridge is new. I remember riding across the original in the 1980s before a couple of crooks burned it down. They rebuilt it in the nineties and it looks the same to me and it's still fun to ride across.

I had not ridden on Nicodemus Road for many years and forgotten how much fun it is. In spite of the flat terrain in Central Maryland, the old roads wiggle through the terrain for a lot of great riding.

Made it to Bob's BMW around 3:00 pm which was still in time for two bowls of the shrimp corn chowder. Would it be weird to ask for a recipe from a motorcycle shop? It was that good. Saw a couple of club members there but I suppose most had left by the time I arrived.

Signed up for the Polar Bear Mileage contest even though I am sure some other contestant is now on his way to a three month tour of Mexico. We'll see how well I'll do racking up the mileage on my daily commute.

It was a good day of riding. The weather was cold but the electric jacket was warm. It was one of those crisp winter's day with the frosty wind offset by the bright sunshine. If you don't have warm riding clothes and an electric vest or liner, then you are missing out on months of riding. Don't winterize your bike; winterize your wardrobe and stay on the road. :-)

View Larger Map
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby bdimon » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:32 am

eap wrote:Waited for you all at BOBs 'til around 1 or so. Good corn chowder and bean soups! Registered for the Polar Bear challenge and got about 100 miles on the way home.

Well, I don't like the direct route. The most fun between two points is a twisty line. After yakking too long over breakfast, it was almost noon when I left. I tried a new route over Braddock Heights on Highland School Road. The chip seal surface looked new and had no painted lines. It was a little bumpy but the surface was unbroken and gave good traction. The road was empty until after I crested the ridge and started down the other side. A crowd of bicyclists were unloading their bikes and getting ready to pedal off. It looked like a club ride.

Frederick County's three covered bridges are always fun to ride over no matter how many times I have been over them. I like to go slowly through them while coasting. I don't know why, it just feels wrong to rush through a covered bridge. Maybe because they are so old-fashioned. Actually, the Loys Station Bridge is new. I remember riding across the original in the 1980s before a couple of crooks burned it down. They rebuilt it in the nineties and it looks the same to me and it's still fun to ride across.

I had not ridden on Nicodemus Road for many years and forgotten how much fun it is. In spite of the flat terrain in Central Maryland, the old roads wiggle through the terrain for a lot of great riding.

Made it to Bob's BMW around 3:00 pm which was still in time for two bowls of the shrimp corn chowder. Would it be weird to ask for a recipe from a motorcycle shop? It was that good. Saw a couple of club members there but I suppose most had left by the time I arrived.

Signed up for the Polar Bear Mileage contest even though I am sure some other contestant is now on his way to a three month tour of Mexico. We'll see how well I'll do racking up the mileage on my daily commute.

It was a good day of riding. The weather was cold but the electric jacket was warm. It was one of those crisp winter's day with the frosty wind offset by the bright sunshine. If you don't have warm riding clothes and an electric vest or liner, then you are missing out on months of riding. Don't winterize your bike; winterize your wardrobe and stay on the road. :-)

View Larger Map
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Return to RideToEat - RTE