Is there a VA RTE Schedule yet?

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Is there a VA RTE Schedule yet?

Postby pjcrider » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm a newbie, saw the Md schedule, was wondering if there were any plans for NoVa.

Thanks!
pjcrider

Re: Is there a VA RTE Schedule yet?

Postby sgtbill » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Check out the Calendar link on the main web site.

Virginia Breakfast Rides - Is Back!

Usually the fourth Sunday of each month at 9 am. CHUCKWAGON OF NOKESVILLE 12846-A Fitzwater Drive, Nokesville, VA 20181 Telephone (703) 594-0205. Directions.
Duty First!

sgtbill
K100RS w/EML GT2; 1978 R100S
F800GS; F700GS; F800ST

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Denisen
sgtbill

Postby stevebmw » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 am

Also, we at Morton's BMW host a RTE each month, usually on the last Saturday, starting at 4 pm. We lead you along a scenic route to a restaurant somewhere off the beaten path -- a different place every month. Subscribe to our newsletter (http://tinyurl.com/mortonsbmw-e-news) to get all the latest details, then either ride with us or join us at the restaurant. The next RTE is scheduled for Saturday, June 29, and the destination will be announced in another week or so.
Steve Anderson
2002 R1150GS
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Your HQ for GS fun!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
540-891-9844
steve@mortonsbmw.com
http://www.mortonsbmw.com
stevebmw
Board Viking

Postby Maria V » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi pjcrider, and welcome!
A brief RTE history :feedme: :
Both the VA and MD RTEs (for weeknight dinners anyway) faded away, as the commuting in these here parts sux. Back in the day :gerg: we'd have 25-30 people ride in from all over to RTEs in Berryville and other areas.

Usually a member or frequent board person steps up and schedules RTE opportunities. Myself and another frequent poster, lionlady, often coordinated the MD events. Even though I posted the 2013 schedule (a recycled 2012 calendar), I sure could use someone else to take the lead on posting the individual RTE sessions as the date approaches. :wink: (hint hint all you Marylanders)

Forum folks will often make impromptu plans and post here, and certainly feel free to do the same. As Steve mentioned, Morton's is doing a monthly RTE that has good turnout and is on Saturday, easier to manage for most folks.

Hope that info helps, hope to meet you soon!
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Return to RideToEat - RTE