Orlean Market, great CS sub. Blue Ridge Seafood not so...

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Orlean Market, great CS sub. Blue Ridge Seafood not so...

Postby redman » Mon May 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Rode a bunch this weekend.
Sat night ended up riding home from my dads farm with my 15 year old on the back and decided to stop and eat at Blue Ridge Seafood. That was not so great at all. Ordered the crab cakes because the BCs were small. The cakes were billed as jumbo lump sauteed to perfection, not. Heck even Wegmans cakes are much better. May not go back there.

Sunday morning I rode out to my brothers farm in Jeffersonton to help him with some stuff. Leaving I mentioned I was riding Leeds Manor on the way home. He told me to hit Orlean Market and try their CS sub. Man was that good. They use real shaved steak not the steakem crap most places use. Good food, nice people and good prices.

Check it out sometime, cant wait to go back.

Hope everyone had great rides this weekend.

Have fun,
Andy
redman
Board Guru

Re: Orlean Market, great CS sub. Blue Ridge Seafood not so.

Postby Banshee » Fri May 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Blue Ridge Seafood? is that on 29 heading towards Warrenton? I just googled it, yup. I always wondered about that place.
Banshee
Board Wizard

Postby philspace » Sat May 26, 2012 6:19 am

I always wondered about that place as well, every time I go past it to pick up the grand kids, it is packed. Oh well.
Phil Space
2015 R1200RT - Ebony Metallic
Springfield, VA
philspace
Board Guru

Postby sgtbill » Mon May 28, 2012 10:03 am

redman wrote:Leaving I mentioned I was riding Leeds Manor on the way home. He told me to hit Orlean Market and try their CS sub. Man was that good. They use real shaved steak not the steakem crap most places use. Good food, nice people and good prices.

I frequently ride Leeds Manor Road and have stopped at the Orlean Market. I can also recommend their Reuben. There are a couple of other roads that connect to Leeds Manor at Orlean worth riding if you find you have arrived too soon for lunch.... Turning east at the stop sign in Orlean onto John Barton Payne Road, after a couple hundred feet turn right onto Cliff Mills Road (CR 681), then bear left onto Piney Mountain Road (CR 678) which T's into Wilson Road (691). Turn left on Wilson Rd. and follow it all the way to the John Barton Payne Road (CR 732/733) where a left turn takes you back to Orlean. A few weeks back on Wilson Rd. there was a pair of wild turkeys on the roadside scampering away as Karla and I rode past. More great Virginia two-lanes.
Duty First!

sgtbill
K100RS w/EML GT2; 1978 R100S
F800GS; F700GS; F800ST

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Denisen
sgtbill

Postby ChaseH » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks for the rec Andy! I hadn't made it there until today, but your post remained in my mind and now it's on my list.

09 R1200 GS
14 S1000RR HP4

Scuba Travel & Motorcycle photos
http://chaseh.smugmug.com/
ChaseH
Where GS = Gone Skidding

Return to RideToEat - RTE