MD Breakfast Ride 6/15

Use this forum only for planning Rides To Eat

Postby Inthpkt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:56 am

I'm taking off right about now for a ride. Will probably show up in Thurmont around 10. Probably only grab a bite Then ride home.
Inthpkt

Postby Graybeard » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:56 am

endobobdds wrote:Where and what is "Trouts"?

It's a nice little local place to eat in Woodsboro Md. Good food. Good prices. See: http://www.troutstowneonline.com/
Larry
Germantown, MD
'06 R12RT, MD 0011 BMR
'16 S1000XR, MD 0052 BMR
Graybeard
Board Guru

Postby Unity » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:16 am

Hello Kitty wrote:http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3715810575 I think this is it. I've not been personally, but lots of club folks have. If they're going back, I guess they think it's good!!!

Here's their breakfast menu.

Jody and I met folks there once before a tech day at Jed's, which isn't far away. Pretty good breakfast, as I recall. (I probably had pancakes and sausage. But then, I usually do.)

--John
(The owner seems to have some interest in military aircraft. :shock: )
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Postby Inthpkt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Graybeard wrote:Don't want to see you "hosed" Mabster so I'll tell you now I won't make it. I need to be home around Noon and don't want to slab it back. I'll probably be out that way but will stop a lot earlier (I hope) to get something at Trouts.

Have fun and stay safe! Happy Father's Day!

Stopped by Trouts about 10 am. Just a bunch of HD's out front. Went across street to get gas. Took off. Sorry I missed you. Had a great ride this morning though.
Inthpkt

Postby Graybeard » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:37 pm

MABSTER wrote:
Graybeard wrote:Don't want to see you "hosed" Mabster so I'll tell you now I won't make it. I need to be home around Noon and don't want to slab it back. I'll probably be out that way but will stop a lot earlier (I hope) to get something at Trouts.

Stopped by Trouts about 10 am. Just a bunch of HD's out front. Went across street to get gas. Took off. Sorry I missed you. Had a great ride this morning though.

Marc,

Sorry to miss you but I was gone from Trout's by 8:30-9:00. Happening place today! Really busy.
Larry
Germantown, MD
'06 R12RT, MD 0011 BMR
'16 S1000XR, MD 0052 BMR
Graybeard
Board Guru

Postby dano0827 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 am

http://bmwbmw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8653&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This is what I did not want to happen to him, I guess i could have better stated my intention of CLUB related issue's NEED to be addressed by those GIVEN/ or voted in the RESPONSIBILITY to INFORM other memebers if something is going to change or has changed, in my case that was not done and i had a fear that it may happen again, So again i am sorry if I offended anyone with my opine, it wasn't what i was trying to do, more so maybe changing the protocol on how club events should be handled in the event of holidays or other events that may interupt a normal weekly event that other members are making plans for. Getting HOSED, harsh words yeah, SORRY, move on!
dano0827

Postby Graybeard » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 pm

dano0827 wrote:

http://bmwbmw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8653&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This is what I did not want to happen to him, I guess i could have better stated my intention of CLUB related issue's NEED to be addressed by those GIVEN/ or voted in the RESPONSIBILITY to INFORM other memebers if something is going to change or has changed, in my case that was not done and i had a fear that it may happen again, So again i am sorry if I offended anyone with my opine, it wasn't what i was trying to do, more so maybe changing the protocol on how club events should be handled in the event of holidays or other events that may interupt a normal weekly event that other members are making plans for. Getting HOSED, harsh words yeah, SORRY, move on!

Oops! Wasn't intended to jab at you Dano. I took no offense and hope you did not either.

I understood your opine and regret you had a bad experience. OTOH, it's sometimes like the bumper sticker says, "Stuff Happens". Group rides are generally a lot of fun. Don't give up on them. But, if no one shows, you get to decide on the route and have a great solo ride.

I think Fathers' Day, holidays and bad weather can all seriously affect folks' decision to turn out - sometimes to the positive!
Larry
Germantown, MD
'06 R12RT, MD 0011 BMR
'16 S1000XR, MD 0052 BMR
Graybeard
Board Guru

Previous

Return to RideToEat - RTE