Centerstand - I'm doing something wrong

Share bits of wisdom you have picked up along the way and links to the good sites.

Postby bsm1066 » Mon May 15, 2006 7:20 pm

Dauntless wrote:The next trick you will want to learn is how to spin your bike on one of the centerstand legs to turn it 180 degrees. This comes in handy if you don't feel like backing out of a parking spot or your garage.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
bsm1066

Postby The Dude! » Mon May 15, 2006 8:06 pm

Kres wrote::lol:

Musta been to subtle.

I think I watched Mike TRY to do it, and it looked like he slipped off the stand and landed with a THUD in his seat.

I got kinda queasy then, so I don't know if he ever got it up again... so to speak. :twisted:
Ok, I can do it, every time, without problems. The bike comes up as you come down, it's a gentle landing, and my bum at no point touches the seat. Regarding torque, as long was you're not putting your weight on the bike (all the weight should be carried on your left foot) it's the same process as standing next to the bike. If I had a way to host video I'd have Karen tape it right now and post. Anyone have server space??
The Dude!

Postby wiredcur » Mon May 15, 2006 8:22 pm

The Dude! wrote:

Musta been to subtle.

I think I watched Mike TRY to do it, and it looked like he slipped off the stand and landed with a THUD in his seat.

I got kinda queasy then, so I don't know if he ever got it up again... so to speak. :twisted:
Ok, I can do it, every time, without problems. The bike comes up as you come down, it's a gentle landing, and my bum at no point touches the seat. Regarding torque, as long was you're not putting your weight on the bike (all the weight should be carried on your left foot) it's the same process as standing next to the bike. If I had a way to host video I'd have Karen tape it right now and post. Anyone have server space??

I'll host the video if you send it to me.
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby JimVonBaden » Mon May 15, 2006 11:04 pm

The Dude! wrote:

Musta been to subtle.

www.photobucket.com

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby Dauntless » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:06 pm

bsm1066 wrote:
Dauntless wrote:The next trick you will want to learn is how to spin your bike on one of the centerstand legs to turn it 180 degrees. This comes in handy if you don't feel like backing out of a parking spot or your garage.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Umm Okay, but can you explain cuz I'm a little slow?
Dauntless

Postby BKling » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:55 pm

Hey, I did it!!!!!! :D

After reading this, I decided to give it a go, I used to do it routinely on my BSA.

The hardest part on the RT was getting my left foot in just the right position on the center stand. THe left foot peg is in the way.

Not easy but it is possible.
Bryant

In Case of Emergency - OPEN HEAD - USE BRAIN
BKling
Board Wizard

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks and Links