BMWBMW Map Of Members

Share bits of wisdom you have picked up along the way and links to the good sites.

BMWBMW Map Of Members

Postby JimVonBaden » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:54 am

Check out this map that will contain a location of all the members who post thir location. It is very cool!

Click here to see the map and join!

Jim 8)
Last edited by JimVonBaden on Wed May 16, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby dukestodd » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:14 pm

Cool! Too bad it doesn't let you get any more specific than the zip code.
dukestodd

Postby MrE » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:21 pm

That is EXACTLY what I was planning on doing... Just hadn't had the time to do it yet.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Postby EasyGlide » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:26 pm

dukestodd wrote:Cool! Too bad it doesn't let you get any more specific than the zip code.

I think there would a lot of people that would not join in , if it were much more specific.

Francis
EasyGlide

Dave Herring

Postby dukestodd » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:16 pm

The Dave Herring that posted on the Map as being located in Washington D.C. isn't by any chance the same Dave Herring that I met last year in Kansas City at the Power Plant that rides a R1200C?
dukestodd

Postby IAMBOB » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:17 pm

Look at my poor lonely red thingy waaaaay down there all by itself!!

If it would let me, could move my marker to the house on the satellite map.. cool!! I'm too far south and on the wrong side of the creek!!
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Postby Dough Boy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:25 pm

IAMBOB wrote:Look at my poor lonely red thingy waaaaay down there all by itself!!

If it would let me, could move my marker to the house on the satellite map.. cool!! I'm too far south and on the wrong side of the creek!!

Oh boy, don't get Kres started again....
Dough Boy

Postby Banshee » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:04 pm

IAMBOB wrote:Look at my poor lonely red thingy waaaaay down there all by itself!!

Please stop...you're scaring the women and children.

hahaha.
Banshee
Board Wizard

Postby JimSnitker » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:15 pm

This is great! Good to see where people are, relationally. Funny...they don't recognize my zip code (Philomont, 20131), demonstrating once again that I really do live OUT IN THE STICKS! You CAN hear the banjos from here! :D
JimSnitker

Postby Hello Kitty » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:23 pm

Jim - thought of you on Sunday. Wiredcur and I went through there (I think) on our way back from The Void (Lynchburg) We took 611, which was dirt for the second half or so (it FELT like 10 miles, but was probably much less) I noticed that it said Philmont on the map in that area.

There was a neat place in Sperryville - I think it was where 522 meets 211 coming from the south? I'd be able to find it again, just can't remember exactly how all the roads met up. Can't remember the name of it either! Big red place, burgers and such - kinda yuppified, but yummy.
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby Banshee » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:33 pm

Hello Kitty wrote:There was a neat place in Sperryville - I think it was where 522 meets 211 coming from the south? I'd be able to find it again, just can't remember exactly how all the roads met up. Can't remember the name of it either! Big red place, burgers and such - kinda yuppified, but yummy.

Yeah that place is good, it's all organic.
Banshee
Board Wizard

Postby JimSnitker » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:44 pm

Hello Kitty wrote:Jim - thought of you on Sunday. Wiredcur and I went through there (I think) on our way back from The Void (Lynchburg) We took 611, which was dirt for the second half or so (it FELT like 10 miles, but was probably much less) I noticed that it said Philmont on the map in that area.

There was a neat place in Sperryville - I think it was where 522 meets 211 coming from the south? I'd be able to find it again, just can't remember exactly how all the roads met up. Can't remember the name of it either! Big red place, burgers and such - kinda yuppified, but yummy.

Yeah, you were close - 611 intersects Snickersville Turnpike about a mile from me - though it's not dirt, just plenty of patched poyholes that FEEL like dirt.

I was out in Sperryville on Sunday too. Took 211 to the Park and the park to Front Royal; then back south on 678/675 (a great road Jim VB showed me a couple of months ago - and a better ride then the park, especially on weekends). I tried to ride back to Sperryville on 211 from West, but it was closed solid for an accident. The guy putting out flares said a car clipped a MC and it was fatal - but I havn't seen anything in the papers on it since. Did you run into that or hear about it?

I'm not remembering the place you mention - but burgers and atmosphere works for me. Let me know when you are coming to the neighborhood and we can connect.

There are some great backroads from here almost to Sperryville, leaving out of Marshall, that miss most of 211 before Washington VA.
JimSnitker

Postby JimVonBaden » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:51 pm

Banshee wrote:
Hello Kitty wrote:There was a neat place in Sperryville - I think it was where 522 meets 211 coming from the south? I'd be able to find it again, just can't remember exactly how all the roads met up. Can't remember the name of it either! Big red place, burgers and such - kinda yuppified, but yummy.

Sunnyside Farms rest stop. I stop there often. Don't know about organic, but they have good deli food!

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby wiredcur » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:03 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:
Banshee wrote:

Sunnyside Farms rest stop. I stop there often. Don't know about organic, but they have good deli food!

Jim 8)

Tastey Burgers. Earthy-Crunchy Girls behind the counter with their hair back in bandanas. Posters spouting (or is that sprouting) the benefits of organic foods.

And there was actually a guy in the parking lot polishing his bike. I about cracked up.
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby MrE » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:02 pm

I made this sticky.

What do you all think about adding this to the www.bmwbmw.org main page?
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Next

Return to Tips, Tricks and Links