Harbor Freight Tire Changer on Sale

Share bits of wisdom you have picked up along the way and links to the good sites.

Harbor Freight Tire Changer on Sale

Postby biometrics » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:55 am

Just got a sales email from Harbor Freight this morning. It includes a coupon for the basic tire changer equipment for only $37.99. That doesn't include the motorcycle tire change adapter, but if you need the basic machine to get started, this is a 36% savings off the regular price of $59.99.

If you want to take advantage of this sale and want the coupon, PM me your email address and I will send you a copy... The sale runs through Monday, September 29th.

-John
1983 R100 /T with Velorex Sidecar
2000 K1200LT (Sold!)
1999 R1100RT-P (Sold!)
1983 Honda Nighthawk 650 (Sold!)
1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (Ripped off!)
My Avatar? U.S. Army - Kagnew Station, Asmara, Eritrea, East Africa, 1972-1973
biometrics
Frequent Poster

Re: Harbor Freight Tire Changer on Sale

Postby sati8d » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:04 am

I have one and it's a bit of a pain in the tush to use. The tangs don't hold the wheel. Someone made a set of nylon things to attach to the feet - I made my own out of some 1.5" Fiberglass board.
The over arm is a waste and the center bar is only useable on the rear wheel as it won't fit through the axle opening on the front wheel. Believe it or not, I use a cut-down broom handle that's about 2' long to gain leverage.

If anyone wants pictures of my set up...it works...sort of. I've changed 4 sets of tires so far - so it's paid for itself.
Smooth throttle and spirited twisties!

Tony
'09 R1200 GS Adv
...and the piggy's still saying: "whhhhiiiiiiii"
sati8d
Babies GS

Return to Tips, Tricks and Links