Bun Burner Gold

Share bits of wisdom you have picked up along the way and links to the good sites.

Bun Burner Gold

Postby IAMBOB » Tue May 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Going to attempt 1500 miles in 24 hours next week. I know about leaving EARLY morning, I'm contemplating leaving like 9PM the night before, driving through the night, and reaching my destination HOPEFULLY in the daytime. I'm looking for tips for what I should bring along. I'm spending a couple of days at my destination so wondered if the case liners were worth the $$$? I have a stock seat, and NOT looking forward to that, Cheap Alternatives to a custom seat? I've seen talk about the BeadRider, but damn that looks uncomfortable to me. I've got the NOLAN 104 with the B4 kit, I know it won't last the ride, and I'm pissed off at myself for buying it. Helmet is great, B4 is totally worthless to me, I paid $300 for an FM radio. YEAH ME!!

ANY other hints? It's been three years since I've done the SS1000 so I'm kind of rusty.

Thanks!!
2009 R1200RT (Da Wasp)
2002 R1150RS SILVIA (sold)
2006 John Deere 2305
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Re: Bun Burner Gold

Postby jcabiles » Tue May 13, 2014 3:45 pm

As far as the BeadRiders are concerned, they work for me. I have them on my 1150RT-P stock seat. The numerous beads do distribute weight evenly and the advantage is that it provides a cushion of air to keep your tush from getting hot and sticky. Doesn't add much height and your tush can slide a bit but not enough to bother me.
2017 R1200 GS
jcabiles
Board Guru

Postby IAMBOB » Tue May 13, 2014 4:16 pm

jcabiles wrote:As far as the BeadRiders are concerned, they work for me. I have them on my 1150RT-P stock seat. The numerous beads do distribute weight evenly and the advantage is that it provides a cushion of air to keep your tush from getting hot and sticky. Doesn't add much height and your tush can slide a bit but not enough to bother me.

Thanks..

I had TWO issues the last trip.. HIgh Frequency vibrations in the handle bars that made my nose itch CONSTANTLY, and a sore butt. Bought the Salamander POUNDER bar end weights this morning, going to buy the BeadRIder now THANKS!

How about Trip Planning? Anyone?

I'm heading to Kansas City, but it's only 1170 miles, I need to plan a loop, or ride past and come back. Right now I'm thinking past to Salina, KS, and back to Kansas City MO..
2009 R1200RT (Da Wasp)
2006 John Deere 2305
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Postby sati8d » Wed May 14, 2014 7:34 pm

IAMBOB wrote:I had TWO issues the last trip.. HIgh Frequency vibrations in the handle bars that made my nose itch CONSTANTLY, and a sore butt. Bought the Salamander POUNDER bar end weights this morning, going to buy the BeadRIder now THANKS!

I'm heading to Kansas City, but it's only 1170 miles, I need to plan a loop, or ride past and come back. Right now I'm thinking past to Salina, KS, and back to Kansas City MO..

I have Beadriders for sale on the site - let me know if you wan them?
When are you leaving? If you live in VA, I work in Reston and could bring them to work with me Monday.

PM for email/phone
Smooth throttle and spirited twisties!

Tony
'09 R1200 GS Adv
...and the piggy's still saying: "whhhhiiiiiiii"
sati8d
Babies GS

Postby IAMBOB » Wed May 14, 2014 10:00 pm

sati8d wrote:
IAMBOB wrote:I had TWO issues the last trip.. HIgh Frequency vibrations in the handle bars that made my nose itch CONSTANTLY, and a sore butt. Bought the Salamander POUNDER bar end weights this morning, going to buy the BeadRIder now THANKS!

I have Beadriders for sale on the site - let me know if you wan them?
When are you leaving? If you live in VA, I work in Reston and could bring them to work with me Monday.

PM for email/phone

Leaving Next Wednesday, and live in Southern MD.. LIKE REAL southern MD..
2009 R1200RT (Da Wasp)
2006 John Deere 2305
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Return to Tips, Tricks and Links