Digital (Canon specifically, others too) Camera Information

Share bits of wisdom you have picked up along the way and links to the good sites.

Digital (Canon specifically, others too) Camera Information

Postby henwin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:34 pm

While this page: http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/edu ... nfobank.do is specifically aimed (ewww, bad pun, I know :lol: ) at people who own Canon DSLRs, the info here will help anyone understand how some of this "new" technology can and does work. I just finished reading the section on lenses and learned a thing or 2--like what all the abbreviations mean!

Enjoy.
KTRSD,

Henry S. Winokur, Treasurer
Retired MSF & Total Control Instructor
The problem is not high-performance motorcycles. It's low-performance riders...
Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?
henwin
Board Wizard

Re: Digital (Canon specifically, others too) Camera Informat

Postby Rick F. » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Henry,

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've got a Canon "super zoom," rather than a DSLR, but I'm sure there will be something useful here.

My college roommate got a Canon DSLR a year ago, and I couldn't believe all the features it had. The remote control for the shutter was pretty impressive, as was the flash unit that could be positioned anywhere in the room and still trigger off the camera's shutter.

Rick
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Re: Digital (Canon specifically, others too) Camera Informat

Postby henwin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:22 pm

Rick F. wrote:Henry, Thanks, I'll take a look. I've got a Canon "super zoom," rather than a DSLR, but I'm sure there will be something useful here. My college roommate got a Canon DSLR a year ago, and I couldn't believe all the features it had. The remote control for the shutter was pretty impressive, as was the flash unit that could be positioned anywhere in the room and still trigger off the camera's shutter. Rick

Yeah, some of the newer models are pretty sophisticated. I always have my instruction manuals with me, because I can't remember all the things that it can do. The camera manual is over 400 pages! The flash is probably 100! As I told a friend, the thing is smarter and faster than I am! #-o
KTRSD,

Henry S. Winokur, Treasurer
Retired MSF & Total Control Instructor
The problem is not high-performance motorcycles. It's low-performance riders...
Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?
henwin
Board Wizard

Return to Tips, Tricks and Links