Neat! Findmespot satellite tracker/emergency locator

Share bits of wisdom you have picked up along the way and links to the good sites.

Postby Bauer » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:52 am

Hello Kitty wrote:Unfortunately, that's the problem. Everyone says they will, but reality is different

Are you willing to be the one to hound someone who hasn't returned a tool or broke one? Then is the club responsible to replace it? It's been tried and not worked out. However, if you'd like to write a detailed proposal and present it to the board for review, you are most certainly welcome!!!!

Again, I'm not trying to squash ideas, just asking that folks need to think them through and then be willing to do the work to make the idea a reality.

Noted, I see your point, but I'll certainly think about it.
Günter & Christine (a.k.a. Tigger - T.I. double grrrrrr)
2004 Artic White R1200C & 1994 Red K1100LT
----------------------------
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Bauer
Dirty Rally Girl

Postby DUKR » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Bauer wrote:
Hello Kitty wrote:Unfortunately, that's the problem. Everyone says they will, but reality is different

Are you willing to be the one to hound someone who hasn't returned a tool or broke one? Then is the club responsible to replace it? It's been tried and not worked out. However, if you'd like to write a detailed proposal and present it to the board for review, you are most certainly welcome!!!!

Again, I'm not trying to squash ideas, just asking that folks need to think them through and then be willing to do the work to make the idea a reality.

Noted, I see your point, but I'll certainly think about it.

FYI - we tried a version of this a few years ago. I volunteered to be the keeper of the list and the intent was that when the web site "evolved" we would have a space on the site where people could view a member tool list. It would list the tools and contact info of each person. Needless to say, I received 6 volunteers. Only two of our main tech members bothered to volunteer to participate. I gotta go with Kitty on this 100% - the ideas are always awesome, but the follow through, when it comes right down to it, is always lacking..
DUKR

Postby Blaster229 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:33 pm

I only know a couple people here who would intentionally ride into desolate areas enough to warrant the possible need for a satellite locator anyway. 8)
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

here spot!!!

Postby kneeslider » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:54 pm

I purchesed one from REI. My first experience wasn't a positive one, awarkward & combersome set up, unresponsive customer service, yatta, yatta...

Now happier with it, used it several times during a multiday trip last week, worked as it was advertised!

Cheaper then a satphone.

Fun factor in utilzing the "Tracker" feature!

We can all now be "Spotted" on the Globe!
kneeslider

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks and Links