Subs and Hoagies, Where do you find the best ones?

Forum to post good places to eat

Subs and Hoagies, Where do you find the best ones?

Postby pjamet » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:55 am

Andi and I are on a Sub and hoagie binge lately. I think the best subs can be found at the Italian Store in arlington VA. wihout a doubt.

Here in Carlisle, I recommend Miseno Pizza and Ristaurante (1225 Ritner Hwy, Carlisle, PA) as the best subs to be found. Their bread is so good.

How about you guys, Where do you think the best subs are? and/or which do you recommend in your neck of the woods?
pjamet

Postby Maria V » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:26 pm

In our neck of the woods, Genova's. They have a carryout on Rt30 just south of Deep Run. Their full service restaurant is further south on 30 in a shoppng center. We ordered subs the other night and the rolls were a modified pizza dough. Stuffed full o' steak and chicken, respectively. Damn good. And they earned bonus points for sending us a $20 gift certificate as new homeowners in the area.
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Re: Subs and Hoagies, Where do you find the best ones?

Postby MrE » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:27 pm

pjamet wrote:Andi and I are on a Sub and hoagie binge lately. I think the best subs can be found at the Italian Store in arlington VA. wihout a doubt.

Here in Carlisle, I recommend Miseno Pizza and Ristaurante (1225 Ritner Hwy, Carlisle, PA) as the best subs to be found. Their bread is so good.

How about you guys, Where do you think the best subs are? and/or which do you recommend in your neck of the woods?

There used to be a deli in the same shopping center as HardTimes Cafe in Herdon that had really good subs. Can't remember the name and haven't been there in a long time.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Postby pjamet » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Maria V wrote:In our neck of the woods, Genova's. They have a carryout on Rt30 just south of Deep Run. Their full service restaurant is further south on 30 in a shoppng center. We ordered subs the other night and the rolls were a modified pizza dough. Stuffed full o' steak and chicken, respectively. Damn good. And they earned bonus points for sending us a $20 gift certificate as new homeowners in the area.

We have a Genova's here two. I wonder if they are owned by the same folks. It is a good place for pizza and subs too.
pjamet

Postby BMWGirl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:43 pm

this may sound odd - but there is a grocery store (I think) called Tweeters or something like that - their subs are $2.50 - and I love them!!!!
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby DogHouse » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:55 pm

BMRGirl wrote:this may sound odd - but there is a grocery store (I think) called Tweeters or something like that - their subs are $2.50 - and I love them!!!!

Do they put egg in their tuna salad?

05 R1200GS
97 Craftsman 19hp Riding Mower 42" cut
DogHouse
What? Again? Oy

Postby pjamet » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:55 pm

DogHouse wrote:
BMRGirl wrote:this may sound odd - but there is a grocery store (I think) called Tweeters or something like that - their subs are $2.50 - and I love them!!!!

no, chicken
pjamet

Postby Maria V » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:09 pm

#-o
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Postby BMWGirl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Maria V wrote:#-o

see what you started Maria - Thanks!! You're a great friend!!
:wink:
BECAUSE I CAN!!!

'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby BMWGirl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:03 pm

pjamet wrote:
DogHouse wrote:

no, chicken

kiss off!!! Monkey boys!!!
BECAUSE I CAN!!!

'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby bigwillys » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Try "Sports" in woodbridge off of route 123 just south of the Occoquan Bridge on the southbound lane. And just as a notice, they only take cash...no credit....awesome philly subs
bigwillys

Postby BMWGirl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:09 pm

bigwillys wrote:Try "Sports" in woodbridge off of route 123 just south of the Occoquan Bridge on the southbound lane. And just as a notice, they only take cash...no credit....awesome philly subs

cool - thanks for the tip!!
BECAUSE I CAN!!!

'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby bigwillys » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:19 pm

BMRGirl wrote:
bigwillys wrote:Try "Sports" in woodbridge off of route 123 just south of the Occoquan Bridge on the southbound lane. And just as a notice, they only take cash...no credit....awesome philly subs

If it helps...they've been around for years and years...kind of one of the last "mom and pop" type places......
bigwillys

Postby chimp » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:37 pm

BMRGirl wrote:
pjamet wrote:
DogHouse wrote:

no, chicken

kiss off!!! Monkey boys!!!

Hey! There's nothing wrong with a little monkeying around. :evil: Next you'll be ripping on my monkey cage, eh? Man this place has become a zoo.

The best subs in DE are definitely Capriotti's!
chimp

Postby kjackson » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:41 pm

bigwillys wrote:
BMRGirl wrote:

If it helps...they've been around for years and years...kind of one of the last "mom and pop" type places......

"Sports" is pretty good. I've been in there several times when there is only one person working the whole store. Doing it all behind the register/counter and grill.

"Al's" in Alexandria is pretty good. An older, owned by a "couple of guys" no frills kind of place. Not much seating and the tables are communal so any open seat is usually not for long and often leads to interesting conversation.

Kermit
Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut. - Winston Churchill

There are people dying every day that have never lived. - me

It'll become painfully obvious when the gun owners become "unreasonable".
kjackson
The PURDY One

Next

Return to Road Food