Barbeque

Forum to post good places to eat

Re: Barbeque

Postby BMWGirl » Sun May 03, 2009 9:16 pm

RockBottom wrote:Anyone been to the Black Hog in Frederick? I was going there yesterday but the Weather Channel lied and scared me off. Maybe next weekend.

http://www.blackhogbbq.com/



If you go and want company, let me know. I may have to make a run down there as well.
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
User avatar
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!
 
Posts: 10121
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Queen of the World

Re: Barbeque

Postby Maria V » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
User avatar
Maria V
Attack Ninja
 
Posts: 5880
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:43 pm
Location: NW Territories of MD

Re: Barbeque

Postby RockBottom » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:56 am

Maria V wrote:Here's a road trip for you BBQ lovers...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/dining/10United.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all


Ironic you should post that. My parents live in Myrtle Beach and my mother in law is from the Hemingway area. I read that story and put it on my "to do" list for next Christmas assuming I'm able to rent a motorcycle while down there. (I rode within five miles of there on a rented Harley last Christmas).

I'll be doing my first big BBQ of the season weekend after next. Pigs must die!
User avatar
RockBottom
Board Guru
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm
Location: Carlisle, PA

Re: Barbeque

Postby RockBottom » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:58 am

BMRGirl wrote:
RockBottom wrote:Anyone been to the Black Hog in Frederick? I was going there yesterday but the Weather Channel lied and scared me off. Maybe next weekend.

http://www.blackhogbbq.com/



If you go and want company, let me know. I may have to make a run down there as well.


By the way, I did make it to the Black Hog a couple of months ago and it was pretty good. Not as smokey as I make, but worth the trip.
User avatar
RockBottom
Board Guru
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm
Location: Carlisle, PA

Re: Barbeque

Postby Dough Boy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:13 am

I'll be in Carlisle next week.

Where can I pick up some BBQ?
Dough Boy
 

Re: Barbeque

Postby RockBottom » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Dough Boy wrote:I'll be in Carlisle next week.

Where can I pick up some BBQ?



Follow the smell of hickory and applewood smoke.
User avatar
RockBottom
Board Guru
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm
Location: Carlisle, PA

Re: Barbeque

Postby Unity » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:39 pm

RockBottom wrote:
Maria V wrote:Here's a road trip for you BBQ lovers...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/dining/10United.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

on my "to do" list for next Christmas

I'm surprised the article didn't mention their "atomic" sauce. It's reportedly not for the faint-hearted. Sounds good to me. :D

--John
(We were going to stop there on our 2007 tour but got side-tracked. It's still on my list.)
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
User avatar
Unity
Shaman
 
Posts: 7168
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Reston VA

Re: Barbeque

Postby Dough Boy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Corbin BBQ, Gettysburg, PA
On Route 134, south of town

Roadside building with picnic tables, and a smoker on the side.
Decent pork BBQ, good flavor, a little dry.
Dough Boy
 

Re: Barbeque

Postby sundaeman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Little Pigs Too on Broad River Rd (aka 176) just north of I26 in Irmo, SC (just west of Columbia). It turned out to be a all you can eat buffet (<$10 a head). The vegetables were hit or miss with some being home made and some not so home made (you could tell by looking). The mustard based pork was fairly tasty, vinegar base was a bit dry (toss it on a bun w/good coleslaw and it would work). Tomato/Ketchup base was moist & ok. Hush puppies were quite tasty.
2006 R1200RT-P

"Who is John Galt?"
User avatar
sundaeman
Unhappily Ranked
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: Barbeque

Postby RockBottom » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:54 pm

sundaeman wrote:Little Pigs Too on Broad River Rd (aka 176) just north of I26 in Irmo, SC (just west of Columbia). It turned out to be a all you can eat buffet (<$10 a head). The vegetables were hit or miss with some being home made and some not so home made (you could tell by looking). The mustard based pork was fairly tasty, vinegar base was a bit dry (toss it on a bun w/good coleslaw and it would work). Tomato/Ketchup base was moist & ok. Hush puppies were quite tasty.


There is a huge "what is the best barbeque in South Carolina" thread right now on my Gamecock sports discussion forum. Here are the prevelant entries:

Sweatman's in Holly Hill
Brown's BBQ in Kingstree
Earl Duke's in Orangeburg
The Schoolhouse in Scranton
McCabe's BBQ in Manning
Little Pigs
Scott's BBQ at Brunson's Crossroads
Eddie's BBQ in Turbeville
Shealy's in Batesburg-Leesville

I'm keeping this list and am going to do some serious "rides to eat" on my rented Harley when I'm in Myrtle Beach over Christmas. I figure it will take a 96 CI V twin to drag my lard butt back home after a couple of those buffets.
User avatar
RockBottom
Board Guru
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm
Location: Carlisle, PA

Re: Barbeque

Postby Hello Kitty » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Anything in the Spartanburg area on the best BBQ list? I don't know any of those towns. I like beef brisket well trimmed. I hate fatty blobs on it. Icky poo
Kitty
User avatar
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina
 
Posts: 7474
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:13 pm

Re: Barbeque

Postby RockBottom » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello Kitty wrote:Anything in the Spartanburg area on the best BBQ list? I don't know any of those towns. I like beef brisket well trimmed. I hate fatty blobs on it. Icky poo



If you go to South Carolina and start talking about beef brisket barbeque, we might find your remains deep in a swamp many years later. I mean, heck, you might as well stand in the public square and start calling Sherman a great man.
User avatar
RockBottom
Board Guru
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm
Location: Carlisle, PA

Re: Barbeque

Postby Dough Boy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:23 am

RockBottom wrote:
Hello Kitty wrote:Anything in the Spartanburg area on the best BBQ list? I don't know any of those towns. I like beef brisket well trimmed. I hate fatty blobs on it. Icky poo



If you go to South Carolina and start talking about beef brisket barbeque, we might find your remains deep in a swamp many years later. I mean, heck, you might as well stand in the public square and start calling Sherman a great man.


HAHAHAH!!

Try Carolina BBQ at 7115 Lone Oak Rd
Spartanburg, SC 29303-1864.

It's been at least 8 years since I ate there, but the last time I ate there it was delicious.

And if you're going to be in Spartanburg, you simply MUST go eat atthe Beacon.
This is NOT an option. Make sure to order a double-chili-cheeseburger-a-plenty.

You'll thanks me later. (although your waistline won't)
Dough Boy
 

Re: Barbeque

Postby pbharvey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Simply fantastic carry-out barbeque on Kent Island. (there are two picnic tables out front if you want to eat it there)

It's the Pits B-B-Q & Seafood
226 Shopping Center Road
Stevensville, MD 21666
410-604-1991
www.itsthepitsbbqmd.com

This place is worth sneaking over the bridge for lunch.
Brian
R1200C Montana for sale.
Good enough for James Bond, good enough for you.

Replace your heating and cooling system and receive a $1500 Tax Credit.
User avatar
pbharvey
Board Wizard
 
Posts: 1336
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:12 pm
Location: Highland, MD

Re: Barbeque

Postby RockBottom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:49 pm

OK, coming back north from South Carolina after Christmas, I visited my new most favorite place of all: Wilber's in Goldsboro, NC http://www.wilbersbarbecue.com/. Tomorrow, though, I'm riding for pit beef at Chap's in Bawlamerhttp://www.chapspitbeef.com/index.html.
User avatar
RockBottom
Board Guru
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm
Location: Carlisle, PA

PreviousNext

Return to Road Food

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron