Front Royal, Va. Picks

Forum to post good places to eat

Front Royal, Va. Picks

Postby fatLouie » Mon May 15, 2006 7:00 pm

Skyline Drive is a great ride, and anybody who frequents the twisties of the Shenandoahs should be a bit familiar with the town of Front Royal. As a part-time resident of Front Royal, I present you with Louie's Road Food picks:

Spelunker's - 116 South Street
A great burger joint. Freshly ground meat makes for a simply delicious patty. If you need a quick bite before you head for the hills, this is the place. They also have good fries, good steak and cheeses, and lots of homemade ice creams.

L Dee's Pancake House - 522 East Main Street
Kres mentioned this place in his SV post, they have the best breakfast in town. Don't be tempted by Jimbo's, keep on riding and make a stop at L Dee's. Great pancakes are their thing, but I reccomend the egg, sausage and cheese croissants. Cheap too!

Jalisco Mexican Restaurant - 510 South Royal Avenue
Seemingly well known in the biker community, Jalisco's is Mexican food at it's finest - greasy and cheesy. Skip the cheap stuff; I highly reccomend any of the chicken platters - they come with everything necessary to make some pretty good fajitas. If you haven't already, be sure to make a stop by Jalisco's

Nearby................

The Apple House - 4675 John Marshall Highway, Linden, VA
Right outside of Front Royal and just off of I-66, this place cannot be beat for it's awesome pork bbq. Tender and delicious, it'll beat Red Hot and Blue anyday. Plus, they have really good "apple" doughnuts. The doughnuts are hard to describe but really tasty.

Griffin Tavern - 659 Zachary Taylor Hwy, Flint Hill, VA
If you want to have some great food and pop open a couple of brewski's, this is the place. It's a house turned restaurant, and is a real cool place. The bar has a nice atmosphere. They offer fine dining as well as the basics, but even the basics have a touch of class. Definetly try the steak fries.

enjoy
Louie
fatLouie

Postby Anton » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:39 pm

We've been to L Dee's twice now. Service is decently quick, and it you get the right waitress it's blazingly fast. I find it slightly over-airconditioned but I'm sensitive to that. Coffee is good. Parking stinks. You're not going to go wrong with L Dee's.

The place just north of it, on the other side of 522, I stopped there a few years ago and didn't remember anything being wrong with it at all. Maybe need to check it out again.
Anton Largiader
The Muffin Man
http://vamotorrad.com
Anton
Board Wizard

Re: Front Royal, Va. Picks

Postby pbharvey » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Ate at the Artisans Grill last week. Very good :feedme:
http://www.artisansgrill.com/
Brian
R1200C Montana for sale.
Good enough for James Bond, good enough for you.

Replace your heating and cooling system and receive a $1500 Tax Credit.
pbharvey
Board Wizard

Return to Road Food