Tappahannock, VA - Do Not Eat...

Forum to post good places to eat

Tappahannock, VA - Do Not Eat...

Postby Dough Boy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:20 pm

Sorry, another one of my "Don't Eat Here" posts...

Lowery's Restaurant in Tappahannock, VA. Been in business since 1938, and I don't think they'll make it another 10 years.

For $19.99 I got the sorry, limp, over-cooked crabcake that was supposed to be jumbo-lump...I also got the rock-hardened baked shrimp. Oh, and a small dish of canned mac & cheese, and a small dish of canned peas.

Horrible...

Dough Boy

Bad Road Food

Postby kneeslider » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:13 am

Thanx for the heads up on this one. I guess one car in the lot says it all!

How manay caledars did they have in the place?
kneeslider

Postby Dough Boy » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:15 am

Actually, at 300pm on a Sunday, the lot was fairly full. The place was doing a brisk business....

I'm not sure what your 2nd question was...
Dough Boy

bad food & calendars

Postby kneeslider » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:49 am

From my brief long haul trucking days. The number of calendars from local businesses is a good indication of the quality of the food served. If you don't like the food, or the service, you don't get a calendar from the locals.

Another good indicator is the number of local tags or county stickers on the cars in the lot.

Back in Wisconsin the number of tractors, pick up trucks, motorcycles or snomobiles was a sign as well.

Safe travels & "good forking"
kneeslider

Postby RocketMan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:05 pm

BreadMan wrote:Actually, at 300pm on a Sunday, the lot was fairly full. The place was doing a brisk business....

I'm not sure what your 2nd question was...

Wow 300 PM, so what universe do you live in anyway? :lol:

Maybe that's why the food was so bad, it was REALLY REALLY OLD!! :o

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby Dough Boy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:27 pm

I don't use Military time, or anything else...

That is BreadMan time!
Dough Boy

don't use m-time or anything else!

Postby kneeslider » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:29 am

Condoms?
kneeslider

Postby Anton » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:45 pm

We were in Tappahannock the other weekend and almost stopped in there for dessert but it smelled so heavily of fried food that it just wasn't happening. We went to a new coffeshop about 100 feet north (towards the bridge) and it was fantastic. They also serve dinner and we will go there next time we are in town.

For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant, Roma's, in a shopping center on the south end of town. Food was good, ambiance was decent (you're always going to have at least one screaming baby in any family-style Italian restaurant) and we'd go back there again if we hadn't found the coffee place to try next. I'm very glad we went there instead of Lowery's, although Lowery's was absolutely packed.
Anton Largiader
The Muffin Man
http://vamotorrad.com
Anton
Board Wizard

Return to Road Food