Where to Eat in Carroll County

Forum to post good places to eat

Where to Eat in Carroll County

Postby henwin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:52 pm

If you're up in the western part of Carroll County about 10 miles due WEST of Westminster, you're near the town of Union Bridge. Check out the Butterburg Inn at 7 North Main Street. I wouldn't say the food is fancy, but it hits the spot and the prices are reasonable. I believe it's open every day--I know it open on Sundays, because I've eaten there several times.
KTRSD,

Henry S. Winokur, Treasurer
Retired MSF & Total Control Instructor
The problem is not high-performance motorcycles. It's low-performance riders...
Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?
henwin
Board Wizard

Re: Where to Eat in Carroll County

Postby Maria V » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 am

We have gone there a few times - it is indeed home cooking, casual (a little worn) setting, and friendly people. You'll see farmers, families out for dinner, groups using the back dining room. Desserts made from scratch (not store bought). Thumbs up.
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Postby ERC Scott » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Sounds a lot like Barbara Fritchie's Candy Cane Restaurant on US 40 heading west out of Frederick. Not a good place for folks with atherosclerosis or diabetes. :lol:
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby henwin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:11 pm

ERC Scott wrote:Sounds a lot like Barbara Fritchie's Candy Cane Restaurant on US 40 heading west out of Frederick. Not a good place for folks with atherosclerosis or diabetes. :lol:

Well, I have diabetes :( :( and I go there. But I try [-X [-X not to eat the desserts...but I'd really, really like to! #-o
KTRSD,

Henry S. Winokur, Treasurer
Retired MSF & Total Control Instructor
The problem is not high-performance motorcycles. It's low-performance riders...
Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?
henwin
Board Wizard

Postby ChuckD » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:44 pm

henwin wrote:If you're up in the western part of Carroll County about 10 miles due WEST of Westminster, you're near the town of Union Bridge. Check out the Butterburg Inn at 7 North Main Street. I wouldn't say the food is fancy, but it hits the spot and the prices are reasonable. I believe it's open every day--I know it open on Sundays, because I've eaten there several times.

I agree! Buttersburg Inn http://thebuttersburginn.net is my favorite place to eat! It's a great place to ride to for dinner on a Saturday afternoon (~50 miles from Columbia on the back roads). They even make me a Pennsylvania-style steak salad; complete with french fries tossed in which is how we do it back home around Pittsburgh. :) The chocolate cake with peanut butter icing is the bee's knees, too.
-------------------------------------------------
Chuck D.
Columbia, MD
K1600 GTL
ChuckD

Return to Road Food