Lunch in Sperryville VA

Forum to post good places to eat

Lunch in Sperryville VA

Postby Paul Mihalka » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:10 am

Last Monday I stopped in Sperryville and had lunch at RAE'S. Years ago used to be the "Appetite repair shop". God soup/sandwich, friendly service. I love a place that has a "motorcycle parking only" sign on the street parking area.
Paul Mihalka

Re: Lunch in Sperryville VA

Postby repo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Paul Mihalka wrote:Last Monday I stopped in Sperryville and had lunch at RAE'S. Years ago used to be the "Appetite repair shop". God soup/sandwich, friendly service. I love a place that has a "motorcycle parking only" sign on the street parking area.

you lost me at god soup.....

:D
repo

Postby Ted » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:49 pm

Appetite repair shop

Somewhere I have a set of pictures of a bunch of BMWBMW folks out front of the ARS from a ride way back in 1995 or 1996 - I believe it was Steve Anderson, Fletch, Don Graling, Larry Fears, Dave Keuch and Mike Schen and a few others. They served the sandwiches in hubcaps and had huge sodas. Glad to hear it is still a good stop (last time through I stopped at the drive-up hamburger place just up the street.)
Image TedV
Moto Pages
'94 K75RT
"There's No Old Road ... That Doesn't Have Something Interesting On It" -- RickF
BMWBMW MoTY - 1996
Ted
Board Guru

Postby Patryk » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:09 pm

Rae's is very good. I work just down the road in Flint Hill and will ride down there for lunch.

Here in Flint Hill, Four&Twenty Blackbirds the restaurant, has become 24 Crows the giftshop/gallery/sandwich/coffee shop and they now serve lunch. Usually just two or three different sandwiches and a couple soups, but they are incredibly good!
Patryk

Return to Road Food