Food in Old Town Fredericksburg

Forum to post good places to eat

Food in Old Town Fredericksburg

Postby Barry » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:10 pm

Jake and Mikes - Reservations needed for dinner, lunch / brunch is come in off the street. Awesome food, menu is printed daily.

Hyperion Coffee - local hangout for the Java depleted. Summer always finds bikes out front. Around "back" is a pastry shop to die for.

Bistro Bethem - 1/4 block west of Hyperion, very, very good food.

Bangkok - Thai food. Good place, nice staff.

There are a ton more, that is just off the top of my head. Fredericksburg is sick with good food.

Barry
Barry

Postby MrE » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:22 pm

What is the ice cream/milk shake place with the walk up window? Sort of on the north side of town? That place rocked.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Postby Barry » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:24 pm

Carl's - wickedly famous, overrated in my opinion.

There is another shop 1 block west of the water. Forget the name. Good icecream. Carl's isn't by any means "bad". But given the hype, and the insane summer lines, I'll pass.

Also, tiny little place, nice owner, adjacent to the water, is BG's Italian Ice. Can't recommend it enough.

Barry
Barry

Postby MrE » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:54 pm

My recollection is that the lines were in fact hellish. That was probably 10-12 years ago though.

Next time you are in town, get the name of the other place. Ice cream is always good for a ride.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Postby Kres » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:05 pm

Oh! Oh!

There is a joint that my wife {then GF} dragged me to all the time in Old Town... Has lots of Vegatarian food, orignally owned by a proff at WMC, but more importantly

BEER! Lots and lots of really good imported BEER!

I can't remember the name!! It's down from Spanky's.... AiiiiiE! This is gunna drive me nuts!
-Kres
Kres
My other bike is a station wagon

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:42 pm

Kres wrote:Oh! Oh!

There is a joint that my wife {then GF} dragged me to all the time in Old Town... Has lots of Vegatarian food, orignally owned by a proff at WMC, but more importantly

I can't remember the name!! It's down from Spanky's.... AiiiiiE! This is gunna drive me nuts!

Sammy T's.

Barry

Postby MrE » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:24 am

Anonymous wrote:
Kres wrote:Oh! Oh!

Sammy T's.

Barry

Yep, that place is pretty good. A friend who rode a Seca-II prior to the arrival of his twins drug me down Rt 1 one hot summer day for a beer and cheeseburger there. Don't ever ride down US 1 in the summer. Or any other time for that matter.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Postby Barry » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:42 am

West of Rt. 1 there are better roads. East of 28 you can dump down to roads that lead you to Rt. 17. Cross Rt. 1 at Falmouth Bridge and you are in Olde Towne. It's the long way but it beats the hell out of Rt. 1.

Basically north/south of Rt. 17 there are great roads, bracketed by 28/29 on the west and Rt. 1 on the east.

Barry
Barry

Return to Road Food