Barbecue Places en Route to Memphis

Forum to post good places to eat

Barbecue Places en Route to Memphis

Postby cdbugler » Mon May 19, 2008 3:39 pm

I have a trip for work this week that is going to southern KY. I can either go through Knoxville and Nashville to get there, or go through Lexington KY and Bowling Green. We will be traveling interstate highways.

Does anyone know of a place on the way (either route) that is worth a stop. Checked the Feasting on Asphalt seasons and didn't get anything that leapt off the screen.

Help me Unity! :)
cdbugler

Re: Barbecue Places en Route to Memphis

Postby Unity » Mon May 19, 2008 4:21 pm

cdbugler wrote:Help me Unity! :)

I know more about NC, but for starters, Roadfood has some recommendations for the I-81/I-40 corridor. The easternmost spot on their TN map is Ridgewood Barbecue in Bluff City TN, a spot Jody and I would go out of our way (and have) to revisit. It's a little east of Bristol, not much of a detour. I don't have any experience with the others they recommend, but the Roadfood recommendations are pretty reliable. Click on the map symbols and then the highlighted urls and read the reviews.

Their KY map is a little more sparse, and again, I don't have personal experience down there. A time-honored method, when it's getting on toward meal time, is to ask somebody who looks right (I don't want to profile here, but you know what I mean) where he goes when he wants good barbecue. :)

--John
(Any time, James. :wink: )
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Postby cdbugler » Mon May 19, 2008 5:55 pm

John, you're great! I'll check the site, and if we come across anything that is worthwhile, I will let you know.
cdbugler

Postby cdbugler » Tue May 20, 2008 10:33 am

We are going to stop at Ridgewood on our way out. May hit one more on the way back from the Roadfoods site. Thanks again!

T Minus 27 hours and counting until awesome barbeque!
cdbugler

Postby Flash! » Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 am

James--When you stop at Ridgewood, be sure to try the bleu cheese dip appetizer. It's served with Saltines (!) and sounds kind of strange, but is REALLY good! Wish I could be there to share it with you. :)

Jody
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice.

2012 F650GS, Yellow and Black
Flash!
Board Guru

Postby cdbugler » Tue May 20, 2008 7:29 pm

Hey Flash,

Thanks for the tip. I love Blue Cheese! I might have tried it without the suggestion, but now I definitely will.
cdbugler

Return to Road Food